• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frustrated with new support order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimberlywrites

I agree with some of what OP is saying.
My brother, who lives in Canada, had to declare bankruptcy, lives in an old house and drives a car with no AC (sometimes AC is necessary in Canada! :) And he is not a lazy bum or anything like that at all. He did it to keep paying his child support and has never missed a payment. The exwife married up, landed herself a rich man, and lives in a mansion (quite literally), drives a new vehicle every year, goes on overseas vacations twice a year.
And, a friend of mine here in Texas is in the same scenario. Ex-wife married up, quit her job, all of that. He of course pays the ordered child support, and she makes sure to get a check from him every month to pay half of his daughter's extracurriculars - while she is rolling in dough (well, her new husband's dough, that is).
Makes me think I oughta go boyfriend shopping on sugardaddyforme.com (Seriously, that is a web site.) :eek:

kimberlywrites

you need to get over that. Honestly. or you will be a miserable person and it will effect you in your every day life as a father and a husband.
Haiku is totally right. It's hard not to, I know. But don't let it set your mood, because that just gives the ex some kind of control over you, you know? Put a smile on your face, be thankful you have a loving relationship with your daughter. you sound like a nice guy - surely your daugther enjoys being with you no matter what you do. Personally, I scour the paper for child-friendly events and there are always tons of things going on that are practically free. In fact, my kids once told me they love hanging out with me because "I take them places that are fun." Like the playgound. Free! We pack picnic lunches and make a very big deal about it. Adventure! Their dad spends all kinds of money taking them out to eat and to the movies. At my house, we have pajama day and rent videos!

Kountree

Just some advice from a vet

I totally ignored what the other post said and can only provide one thing.
1. Pray.
2. Examiine your withholding Domestic Relations cannot touch your federal withholding.
3. If your ex is not working, research the laws of NH to find out if DR can have her waive her rights to claim your daughter on her income tax.
4. Pay your support and be true to your new family. That woman you have is a real good girl to stick with you in your time of need.
5. Collect your income tax return and take your family on a vacation.
6. Move on and try not to think about it. Believe me, it is a hurting thing

For those morons on the site who question your wife, well it is because they are blinded by their own demons and cannot see in front of their face. The question they should answer is what is your daughters mother doing and she going to school. From your post, your current wife did not have ANYTHING to do with you and that other woman having a kid.

I am a person who has paid CS for over 15 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">