• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frustrated with new support order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shay-Pari'e

If you were going to offer her 150 a week, then the order of 800 should not be that big of an issue.Your daughter spent 10 years with a low support order.

pelletierjason

why can she not make more? what does she do for a living?
My wife was working for PetCo and started working at a veterinary clinic where she makes slightly more money. I guess deep down inside I know we will "survive" but it is going to be really tight especially with my youngest starting school next year.

I think Silverplum wants me to shut up about this and I understand her point so I will oblige.

haiku

I believe it's too late for that now that the order has been established.

Please don't obsess on her lifestyle or expenses. It's not good for you. :) Focus on the fact that she has been taking care of your daughter.
exactly. focus on the positive. And like the rest of us who pay child support and yet still live comfortably in our own homes, start learning how to cut corners and budget effectively.

Zephyr

My wife was working for PetCo and started working at a veterinary clinic where she makes slightly more money. I guess deep down inside I know we will "survive" but it is going to be really tight especially with my youngest starting school next year.

I think Silverplum wants me to shut up about this and I understand her point so I will oblige.
well...with your youngest starting school soon won't there be a daycare bill eliminated, making things financially easier on the family????

pelletierjason

well...with your youngest starting school soon won't there be a daycare bill eliminated, making things financially easier on the family????
Yes, thank God for that. I only pay $60/week for daycare because she is a friend of the family but that will be a major relief. I just gotta get through the next year. At least she's only 4 and will not need lots of money for sports/etc.

My oldest though will have to rely on mom from now on. I will not be buying baseball, soccer or band equipment anymore and I will not be taking her anywhere that costs money.

haiku

Yes, thank God for that. I only pay $60/week for daycare because she is a friend of the family but that will be a major relief. I just gotta get through the next year. At least she's only 4 and will not need lots of money for sports/etc.

My oldest though will have to rely on mom from now on. I will not be buying baseball, soccer or band equipment anymore and I will not be taking her anywhere that costs money.
well your child support should be covering that stuff anyway....

And your daughter should be enjoying what ever it is you are going to do with your family on weekends.

Really, things won't be so bad.....

TinkerBelleLuvr

You can say that that her mother is receiving more child support to cover the increased cost of raising her. BUT, no disparaging remarks PLEASE. You can acknowledge to her that it costs more to raise her - and your share has increased.

haiku

Speaking of, what do I tell my oldest when she wonders why I can't do and buy the things I used to for her?
dude....its something you needn't discuss with her AT. ALL. She should have no knowledge of ANY of this, other than that her mom and dad make sure she has what she needs.

She is a kid, if you can't afford it you say "NO" and move on, and do something else.

pelletierjason

You can say that that her mother is receiving more child support to cover the increased cost of raising her.
Is there really an increased cost to raising her all of the sudden?
My mom and I (used to) buy all her clothes, school stuff, furniture, sporting equipment, CD's, etc.

Feels like I'm downright lying to her.

pelletierjason

dude....its something you needn't discuss with her AT. ALL. She should have no knowledge of ANY of this, other than that her mom and dad make sure she has what she needs.

She is a kid, if you can't afford it you say "NO" and move on, and do something else.
Well, I hope she doesn't ask to tell you the truth and so far so good. She didn't ask why I couldn't take her to the fair this weekend (which I do every year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">