• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Holiday Trip cost me my children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He asked for sole custody to move the children to Australia Judge said no way. The passports that I obtainedfor the children to come here. the judge will not even allow him to take the kids on holiday to Australia or the fact anywhere. Only I can have the passports for travel outside the US.

Now I believe I am one step closer. If the judge thought of me as a worthless mother then why is that in the order only I can have passports????? The judge can see right thru my ex and what he was up to.

And the judge awarded me back my phone line he cant even use it!!!!!!

When i file the motion for a new trial my son will then decide to sign again and not change his mind then both will be here with me. Im not deluding myself. I was there in Court i know what the judge said.

The saying goes like father like son in this case its son like mother- his mother did the same thing to his father. he left she got custody she tried to kill him,mentally destroy him took his home his company and everything he had. he committed suicide. She died of mental deteration. Was in nursing home my ex drove past everyday didnt even stop didnt care. great way to show love esp someone who took care of him his life left him a whooping 250,000 bank account. Now tell me he is in his right mind??????

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Actually, I'm thinking that if I wasn't having a drink I might need to just shoot myself now! Jaysus Christ on Aluminum Crutches!

Rushia

stealth2 said:
Actually, I'm thinking that if I wasn't having a drink I might need to just shoot myself now! Jaysus Christ on Aluminum Crutches!
sigh...I'd have one with you if the kids weren't home!

nextwife

Your perception still seems to be that YOUR "holiday" is what cost you custody. And that it was all the lies your ex told that cost you custody.

The reality is that running off to meet a stranger IN ANOTHER COUNTRY and moving there is what REALLY cost custody. Because if you were living in the US odds are high you would have ended up with at least joint legal custody and regular visittation. Even if he told NO lies, living in the UK while your ex was here in the US would have cost you custody.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
nextwife said:
Your perception still seems to be that YOUR "holiday" is what cost you custody. And that it was all the lies your ex told that cost you custody.

The reality is that running off to meet a stranger IN ANOTHER COUNTRY and moving there is what REALLY cost custody. Because if you were living in the US odds are high you would have ended up with at least joint legal custody and regular visittation. Even if he told NO lies, living in the UK while your ex was here in the US would have cost you custody.
That actually IS the crux of the matter. And the thing that a lot of people don't understand is how incredibly difficult it is to change the status quo.

I do have joint legal custody!!! A parent who abandons their children loses that SUPRISE I didnt.

Constructive critism is healthy for a person -but people with insults have nothing better than to do but thrive on and laugh at other people's unhappiness.

rmet4nzkx

stealth2 said:
Didn't I say
rmet4nzkx said:
There has been a rash of this sort of thing lately, none of which will be settled until and unless they take it to court.
Try an ice pack for your forehead :rolleyes:

rmet4nzkx

laurakaycraig said:
I do have joint legal custody!!! A parent who abandons their children loses that SUPRISE I didnt.

Constructive critism is healthy for a person -but people with insults have nothing better than to do but thrive on and laugh at other people's unhappiness.
You have no credibility.

Your opinion doesnt count its the opinion of my children that does. Keep your insults to yourself. One who judges face the judgement. be careful what you say oneday you will be in a position where you need advise and you will have it slapped right back in your face. I dont insult people. I help them- insults are not help. Its low the lowest of all.

I thought this was a law advice site? i am beginning its a insulting site. People are on here with real problems. We dont need your constant bitterness.
These are real stories with real tears and children involved. Go to a chat site and insult. We people on here are asking for geniune advice. get a life!!!!

Rushia

laurakaycraig said:
Your opinion doesnt count its the opinion of my children that does. Keep your insults to yourself. One who judges face the judgement. be careful what you say oneday you will be in a position where you need advise and you will have it slapped right back in your face. I dont insult people. I help them- insults are not help. Its low the lowest of all.

I thought this was a law advice site? i am beginning its a insulting site. People are on here with real problems. We dont need your constant bitterness.
These are real stories with real tears and children involved. Go to a chat site and insult. We people on here are asking for geniune advice. get a life!!!!
You ARE being given legal advice. The problem is that you don't like it. Joint legal custody is a standard now. So big Whoop that you got awarded the same thing that almost every person in the US is entitled to. The reason that your x is most likely going to retain custody is cause you left them. Your excuses matter not. YOU LEFT THE CHILDREN for a man. That is what the judge sees. The rest is little petty things that judge isn't going to listen to.

laurakaycraig said:

Without getting too deep into this discussion I would just like to state that my husbands ex wife was granted joint legal right after testing positive for METH in Court, we also had an inch and a half thick file of domestic abuse going on in the home and since then she has completed one clean month of random testing (Judge required six consecutive to get any unsupervised visitation), got evicted and foreclosed on, her mother took her other child (although not through the Court) she went to jail twice last week (the most recent charge being possession of dangerous drugs) and has seen the child a total of 5 times since August 1, 2004 for a combined time of about 36 hours.

If you want the "true" definition of joint legal custody it requires my husband to consult mom regarding major educational decisions (enrolling in a tuition based private school for example- only b/c he could ask the Court to require her to pay) and non-emergency medical decisions (getting an ugly mole removed for example) But the final decision still lies with him she could just get out of paying her share really. So in other words "Joint Legal Custody" is nothing more than a step above the babysitter.

But that is just my opinion. i understand you made mistakes and they were yours to make but the chances of getting to move your children out of the country are relatively nill these people are not trying to be mean (maybe some are) but you are getting sound advice from years of experience.

And if you by some unique chance the Judge does grant you physical custody be prepared to pay ALL transportaion costs.

Shay-Pari'e

These are real stories with real tears and children involved. Yes, we are fully aware of that.That is why you are getting the responses that you have been.

Go to a chat site and insult. What? like,.......... "Findacyberhubbyinengland.com"?

We people on here are asking for geniune advice. get a life!!!!

Like your life? I have to much respect for myself and my children, than to have your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">