• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get a court to order a paternity test on my potential dad as an adult?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rushia

That's sad, it's always sad when a parent passes away before a child can get to know them....They are half of who they are, it's like losing/never knowing who you really are.

You are a strong mother if you have been able to guide your son through that pain! I've read that the most important thing to do is keep picture of his father around, maybe put one up above his bed, it gives the child a sense of 'being' with the father even though his father can't be there
Unless something happened recently that I don't know about...

You are way off base here except for the part where CJane is a strong mother. That part is true.

Now please stop posting when it's obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about 99% of the time.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
That's sad, it's always sad when a parent passes away before a child can get to know them....They are half of who they are, it's like losing/never knowing who you really are.

You are a strong mother if you have been able to guide your son through that pain! I've read that the most important thing to do is keep picture of his father around, maybe put one up above his bed, it gives the child a sense of 'being' with the father even though his father can't be there
LOL Sorry - but your post is funny. My kids' Dad isn't dead, either. they know who he is. They actually did have a relationship with him. Until they were replaced when they didn't meet his standards. And yes, that is exactly right.They were replaced with newer models. #1 talks to him once or twice a year, #2 hasn't spoken to him in.... 5? Or so. Not my problem.

Pinkie39

Nor is it sufficient to invade the privacy of this man's extended family. Your children are not going to "get to know" the "other half" of their family. They're not going to be "hanging out with" untold numbers of long lost cousins. Just not.

My son will be in the opposite position as you. He knows who his father is, legally and genetically speaking. But he will never have a relationship with that man. He will grow up not knowing anything at all about an extended "other half" of his genetic family. But ya know? It doesn't seem to bother him (or my older nephew who's in the same boat) all that much. They're happy with the family they have and the extended and honorary family who has chosen them regardless of genetics.

Perhaps you could learn a lesson from those children?
I agree with this. My oldest niece didn't meet her bio father until she was an adult. He and my sister had a brief fling, which resulted in my niece being conceived, and then broke up. My sister started dating another man while she was pregnant, and married him after her daughter was born. He legally adopted my niece when she was a year old. She met her bio father when she was 18 or 19. It was nice enough, but they have no relationship, nor does she have a relationship with his extended family. Her mom's family and her adoptive father's extended family are her family. Her bio father's family hasn't shown any interest in getting to know her, not that my niece is much concerned about it anyway. The OP may very well find that his bio father's family is not particularly interested in meeting him, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">