• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I sue a police department or city in a civil suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Here is a link to a FreeAdvice staff-written article on suing the police:

https://law.freeadvice.com/government_law/civil_rights_law_ada/sue-the-police.htm

You will need to be able to articulate clearly the problem you are having and your specific damages, if you want to sue an individual police officer, the officer's supervisor, the agency employing them and/or the city or state. You will need evidence to support your claims.

It is best if you have an attorney assisting you.

No
Please clarify the behavior. Do you mean random persons on the street sic their dogs at you, yell names, and attack you? Do you have any mental illness? If so...Are you currently under treatment?
im talking about yelling and slanderous gossip and yelling out homophobic slurs invasion of privacy. I'm talking about people taking a dump out where I stay, right in my path where I walk, and its human because there was also toilet paper in it, or when i hang up my clothes outside and then someone peek on them and more. I do not suffer from mental illness, as I said I have video and audio proving what I've said.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your issues go beyond that matters that this forum is designed to assist with. I suggest that you seek competent mental-health treatment prior to initiating any legal action against anybody.

How can you know their reasons are false if you don't know the reason? :confused:
I don't know them should be a good enough reason but they could have some made up reasons that I'm unaware of, but I doubt they are valid or they would have taken a more legal approach.

Its easy to try and judge something you have no real evidence of, I have no mental illnesses and the video and audio are clear and would be clear to those who listen to them.

xylene

@xylene Don't you think you should have asked the second half of your question before your first half? It might have stopped you from feeding the OPs delusion.
I phrased my post correctly. Addressing why a delusion may seem believable is a way to be heard and is humane.

Plus police actually do persecute people (especially vulnerable people) for no or very flimsy reasons: Tulia TX for one massive example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">