• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I sue a police department or city in a civil suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
As I mentioned previously, your issues go beyond that of this (or any) internet forum. If you are wrong about these things, you need medical/mental help. If you are right about these things, then you need legal help far beyond that which a forum can provide. In either case, a forum cannot help you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Yes it does did you hear what they were doing and what was said at the end.
I watched it. Twice. Please explain what I should have seen, because all I see clearly is a healthy stand of bamboo.

The people in the driveway across the way seem to be going about their own business, but if at some point they detected your presence, I could understand them reacting negatively, because you are acting like you're lurking about.

Frankly, I'd be creeped out if I saw you spying on me from a stand of bamboo.

Last edited:

Eekamouse

That video clip is your best evidence to back up your claims? The video shows nothing except you lurking through some bamboo, acting creepy af. How long have you been off your meds?

quincy

Thank you for providing us with a link to your video, Tinjefferey.

I suggest you take the video to a professional in your area for a personal review. I don't think any of us are seeing or hearing in the video what you are seeing and hearing.

Sorry we cannot be of any help to you in getting your problem resolved but, ax Zigner previously said, your concerns appear to exceed the scope of this forum.

I wish you good luck.

quincy

To file against the police or any government entity you would file under the South Carolina Tort Claims Act.
If it looks complex to you an attorney may be a good investment.
https://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t15c078.php
An attorney should be able to direct tinjefferey to the professional best able to address his specific concerns but a legal action is unlikely to be supportable, based on what has been provided here in the way of facts and evidence.

mjpayne

You need to tell us exactly what happened. Who yelled, when did he yell it, where was he, where were you, what exactly did he say? If you go to a lawyer with that unintelligible story, you're going to be laughed out of the building at best or forcibly removed by security at worst.

Just Blue

You need to tell us exactly what happened. Who yelled, when did he yell it, where was he, where were you, what exactly did he say? If you go to a lawyer with that unintelligible story, you're going to be laughed out of the building at best or forcibly removed by security at worst.
It has already been explained to the OP that he requires more help than this forum can provide. Please read threads in full before responding. Thanks.

quincy

Tinjefferey has already been advised.

An attorney should be able to direct tinjefferey to the professional best able to address his specific concerns but a legal action is unlikely to be supportable, based on what has been provided here in the way of facts and evidence.
I agree. I just wanted to point out that going from "I want to sue the police", to actually starting an action pro se is no easy task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">