• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

falexander88

This makes no sense. Why would they come to you if she decides not to go to the lawyer? (note: you can't make her go there if she's not interested.)
Like I said, shes young and scared. I'm not sure what she will do. This is all getting very hypothetical. I'm just trying gather info. When shes gone, he will take every legal action against her.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Huh? :confused:

sorry...don't know what you mean. Perhaps it's my stuffy head getting in the way..
My comment regarding his being exasperating. I think he wanted a different word.

Like I said, shes young and scared. I'm not sure what she will do. This is all getting very hypothetical. I'm just trying gather info. When shes gone, he will take every legal action against her.
Still, her choosing not to go to a lawyer would in no way bring LE to your door. Unless she rabbits and her b/f sends them there looking for her. Which would still not cause you problems if she's not there... And if the RO addresses the child, well, he'd be within his rights...

falexander88

I don't think he was amused. :(
Maybe I am rude, maybe I'm not. *shrug* it's more personal for me than for them, obviously. I'm on a law forum asking if there are legal ramifications to taking the child from the home. I got a lot of really good advice on that.

These other doods... "tell her to get out."

Yes, I've seen that Jennifer Lopez movie and sleeping with the enemy. I know she needs to get out. I know I cant make her. All I can do is ask the right questions and help her consider her options.

I dont have a clear plan. We weren't allowed to see her for months until last night. I dont need dudes telling me what to do or deciding what she feels.

I like learning and getting in my face about what you feel is obvious only serves you. I'm rude because I'm not worshipping you for telling it like it is....

Well just call me "nasty woman" then.

falexander88

My comment regarding his being exasperating. I think he wanted a different word.

Still, her choosing not to go to a lawyer would in no way bring LE to your door. Unless she rabbits and her b/f sends them there looking for her. Which would still not cause you problems if she's not there... And if the RO addresses the child, well, he'd be within his rights...
Yes.... this was said. I liked it and agreed when someone told me this 25 minutes ago.

falexander88

Yes.... this was said. I liked it and agreed when someone told me this 25 minutes ago.
I think this is where the girls and I start. We look at the RO to figure out where she can and cant be and how it effects her child. Then we offer to take her to a lawyer and give her a place to lay low.

Shes obviously not being honest. I'm not withdrawing an offer to help but I will request the truth.

falexander88

I'm not sure what your point is?? I cannot change the appointment. I cannot make it be sooner. I will try to get her to go sooner but I cant make her so what exactly is your point?? To cause more fear?? To invite me to ponder the what is until I kidnap her myself out of fear?? Seriously, they think I'm rude...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm not sure what your point is?? I cannot change the appointment. I cannot make it be sooner. I will try to get her to go sooner but I cant make her so what exactly is your point?? To cause more fear?? To invite me to ponder the what is until I kidnap her myself out of fear?? Seriously, they think I'm rude...
Huh? Now you're arguing with yourself?

falexander88

Good advice! I have been at work so I haven't had good research time since her bf ran us out at 1030pm last night. I'll give them a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">