• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal or legal??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeMariee

I actually already spoke with the Judge here...and yes my bf can! As long as dna dad gives up his rights!(Which he is willing too!)

DeeMariee

If dna could give up his rights right now he would... but the judge in NY said he couldn't unless I had someone to take his place or... I gave up my rights and had my mom and step dad take over.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I actually already spoke with the Judge here...and yes my bf can! As long as dna dad gives up his rights!(Which he is willing too!)
Unless and until you and your BF get married he will NOT be able to adopt. But I'm sure you think this is just another "stupid" answer.

Just Blue

No. He can't. Unless you give up your rights and Dads rights are terminated. OR! You and BF get married and you are able to get Dads rights terminated. But unless you are married it would e a third party adoption. You are either fibbing about talking to a Judge or grossly misunderstood what s/he told you.

DeeMariee

1st off... I don't lie! I'm not capable of lying!! 2nd... this is what the Judge and my lawyer said!! If common law was still a thing my BF and I would be looked at as married! We've been together for a pretty long time! My BF... my daughter calls "Daddy" he was the 1st to hold her and he cut the cord as well! He even tells people he has a daughter!

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I wasn't being rude to them... I reside in NY laws here are a lot different! I'll wait for a call back from my lawyer...
Thank you for FINALLY letting know your state.
And no, you are incorrect; the laws, for what you are talking about, are not so different.

Unless and until you marry your boyfriend, he cannot adopt. Period.

Furthermore, it is fairly standard on NY court documents for the SSNs to appear. When you check off "no information" that is primarily for cases where there is an active protective order and so that your contact information won't be revealed.

I am in NY. I have been to Family Court in NY, albeit in a different county from you. I have, in the past, had a protective order against my ex.

1st off... I don't lie! I'm not capable of lying!! 2nd... this is what the Judge and my lawyer said!! If common law was still a thing my BF and I would be looked at as married! We've been together for a pretty long time! My BF... my daughter calls "Daddy" he was the 1st to hold her and he cut the cord as well! He even tells people he has a daughter!
Really?

Because something doesn't add up here - which means a whole lot of lying is going on.

Frankly, if Dad - the legal father, who shares half his DNA with your daughter - if that man wanted to get his act together and be a part of HIS daughter's life, you are in deep doo doo.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
That statement is a lie. An absolute lie. Every human is capable of lying. And I have zero doubt that you have told lies in your lifetime.

Next: it doesn't matter if your BF was there at conception and watched you and her father make the baby -- unless you are MARRIED to him he will not be able to adopt the child.

DeeMariee

but yes it can be done!! like i said NY is different! Dna dad... owes over 50k. never seen my daughter. doesn't provide for her at all! plus, would you want your child around someone who kills animals for no good reason... or was molested as a child by their own mother and remembers it?? is 30 something.. lives with dad... can't hold a job... better yet get one... family court is giving him 1 more shot to get a job! or they are throwing him in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">