• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is entering fake billing info illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Smart guy, btw i can't reveal anything(just looking for a general answer)

First Name, Last Name, Address 1,Address 2,street address, city, state/province,country/region, postal code, email address, phone number, company name, Address line, Business name, Birth date.

Do you get in legal trouble if you enter these information of another person, but pay in full?
Can you answer the questions we asked of you? Right now, with the information you have provided, the answer to your question is “maybe.”

Just Blue

Smart guy, btw i can't reveal anything(just looking for a general answer)

First Name, Last Name, Address 1,Address 2,street address, city, state/province,country/region, postal code, email address, phone number, company name, Address line, Business name, Birth date.

Do you get in legal trouble if you enter these information of another person, but pay in full?
Quincy is a very smart guy.

If you "can't reveal anything" that will allow any of us to advise you, then you will have to pay an attorney to answer your question. Please note that the attorney will require that YOUR information match with the CC information.

Emek

Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on why you did it.
(Privacy)
Can you answer the questions we asked of you? Right now, with the information you have provided, the answer to your question is “maybe.”
If i buy an ak-47 and provide your information in the billing info bit using my payment info(for privacy purposes ofcourse) and send it to your home does that cause any legal trouble?

Ofcourse later i come and get my ak47 back.

quincy

(Privacy)

If i buy a gun and provide your information in the billing info bit using my payment info(for privacy purposes ofcourse) and send it to your home does that cause any legal trouble?
Yes. It could cause legal problems for both you and the one receiving the gun.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you don't want to give us any information, fine. That's your right, and it might well be very smart. But there is no absolute answer to your question. There could be legal trouble for you. Or there might not be. It's not black and white.

quincy

You can resell them later for a higher price in the marketplace just like gold.
I see. Well ... here is a link to a look at the laws on firearms purchases and privacy, published by the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC):
https://epic.org/privacy/firearms/

I have not researched to see if the Trump Administration and Congress have messed with any of these laws recently.

Emek

I see. Well ... here is a link to a look at the laws on firearms purchases and privacy, published by the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC):
https://epic.org/privacy/firearms/

I have not researched to see if the Trump Administration and Congress have messed with any of these laws recently.
"While it is possible for a person to legally purchase a firearm on the secondary market (without revealing personal information) , it is not possible for the same individual to open a U.S. bank account without providing personally identifying information, including name, address, date of birth, and often social security number, which is retained indefinitely for later verification purposes."
does faking personal information count as not revealing it?

quincy

"While it is possible for a person to legally purchase a firearm on the secondary market (without revealing personal information) , it is not possible for the same individual to open a U.S. bank account without providing personally identifying information, including name, address, date of birth, and often social security number, which is retained indefinitely for later verification purposes."
does faking personal information count as not revealing it?
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">