• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is failure to treat, malpractice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
We understand that you do not have the money to go to Boston.

That does not change the fact that your doctor is not obligated to allow you to dictate to him what you want him to prescribe and that the doctor in Boston is your only option.

las365

If you would put as much effort into getting to the doctors who you say are willing to give you what you want as you have put into this thread, you'd be there in no time!

moburkes

If you would put as much effort into getting to the doctors who you say are willing to give you what you want as you have put into this thread, you'd be there in no time!
Agreed. OP, in all of the threads that you've started, and the thread that you didn't start, people have attempted to offer suggestions. You shot all of them down. The best suggestion that you were given (in another thread), you continued to shoot it down because you didn't like the messenger. At this point, there is nothing more that we can offer for you.

asil8170

Oh, Iya, I forgot to respond to your last post.

The Mayo doctor sent me home with a 6 month prescription for Nubain...but because he too, didn't want to be responsible for me and my care, also told me that I would need to find another doctor. I guess this Mayo doctor must have been FORCED to prescribe Nubain for me. Hum...I thought that I was told earlier that a doctor CAN NOT and WILL NOT be forced to do something they don't want to do...hum**************.....

Well, if this is giving you a headache, don't read anymore...Go AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moburkes

Oh, Iya, I forgot to respond to your last post.

The Mayo doctor sent me home with a 6 month prescription for Nubain...but because he too, didn't want to be responsible for me and my care, also told me that I would need to find another doctor. I guess this Mayo doctor must have been FORCED to prescribe Nubain for me. Hum...I thought that I was told earlier that a doctor CAN NOT and WILL NOT be forced to do something they don't want to do...hum**************.....

Well, if this is giving you a headache, don't read anymore...Go AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, since then, he has apparently changed his mind.

asil8170

All that says is what I've said from the start...most of the doctors I've encountered agree that the Nubain/Benedryl treatment MAY BE the best and only treatment that is effective for me...but, because most of them are too afraid to be "the ONE" who actually does the prescribing, I GET PASSED OFF OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

justalayman

And since that was before the time of ten-speeds, it must have been AT LEAST 50 years ago. That was a simpler time....a safer time. My bet is he also DID NOT have 6 kids to consider. My dad, in the early '50's, hitched all the way from California to Iowa when he was on leave from the Navy. If he was the same age now as then, would he do the same thing today? ABSOLUTELY NOT...and he was a Golden Gloves boxer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I, a woman who have had 3 back surgeries and other medical issues to deal with, should just throw on a backpack and hit the road. MAN, YOUR LINE OF REASONING HAS ME QUESTIONING YOUR MENTAL CAPACITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was being somewhat facetious but trying to make a point. If you really want something, you will find a way.

As for the cost...why are you having such a hard time understanding that it WOULD TAKE MUCH MORE THAN YOUR $250 FLIGHT QUOTE to accomplish what, everyone tells me, is my only option????????? Doctor's fees...room and board...child care...what about those? You make it sound like I should HAVE NO PROBLEM just taking off any time I choose.
You are the one that said you own your own business. If you cannot arrange your schedule to allow for 1 or 2 days off, then you need to see the problem is you, not me. As to doctors fees; didn;t you say you have insurance. How am I supposed ot know if your insurance will cover the doc or not. You never told us what you inurance company and plan number is. I have no way to know what is covered. To the child care, since your children seem to be so into school things, I would suggest there are parents that could help you out if needed. Other than that, youdo have children old enough to be on their own overnight while you make the run. Hotel stay; schedule your flights so you do not stay overnight. In in the morning and out at noght. Folks fly fromcity to city and back each day all across the country.

So, what other obstacles are you going to throw up. I just settled most, if not all of your concerns.

Maybe YOU could do that to your family, but I can't. Even if I could, I'm sure that I would be accused of child neglect or, better yet..."taking money (I think he meant food) out of my kids' mouths..." So, please, TRY TO WRAP YOUR BRAIN AROUND THIS CONCEPT...I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO GO TO BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now you are making excuses.

You sit there and tell ME that I haven't been listening to what people here are saying...what about YOU???
I'm listening but I keep hearing you finding ways to not go to Boston. As I stated before, that seems to be your only choice (you have not attempted to call have you. That is another choice but you just seem to not have heard that suggestion)

Come on Lisa, I can't hold your hand and take you to Boston. This is your problem and if you want to keep finding ways to not take care of it, then apprently many of the others are correct. You want to cry to somebody. You do not (apparently) have the option of treatment where you are now and you keep finding reason to not go to where you can get treatment. Quit fricken whining and do what you have to do or quit bitchin'!!!!!

Just Blue

I was being somewhat facetious but trying to make a point. If you really want something, you will find a way.

You are the one that said you own your own business. If you cannot arrange your schedule to allow for 1 or 2 days off, then you need to see the problem is you, not me. As to doctors fees; didn;t you say you have insurance. How am I supposed ot know if your insurance will cover the doc or not. You never told us what you inurance company and plan number is. I have no way to know what is covered. To the child care, since your children seem to be so into school things, I would suggest there are parents that could help you out if needed. Other than that, youdo have children old enough to be on their own overnight while you make the run. Hotel stay; schedule your flights so you do not stay overnight. In in the morning and out at noght. Folks fly fromcity to city and back each day all across the country.

So, what other obstacles are you going to throw up. I just settled most, if not all of your concerns.

Now you are making excuses.

I'm listening but I keep hearing you finding ways to not go to Boston. As I stated before, that seems to be your only choice (you have not attempted to call have you. That is another choice but you just seem to not have heard that suggestion)

Come on Lisa, I can't hold your hand and take you to Boston. This is your problem and if you want to keep finding ways to not take care of it, then apprently many of the others are correct. You want to cry to somebody. You do not (apparently) have the option of treatment where you are now and you keep finding reason to not go to where you can get treatment. Quit fricken whining and do what you have to do or quit bitchin'!!!!!
Is anyone else here getting the impression that OP has some kind of mental illness? :(

asil8170

I'm not "making excuses"...reality is reality. My insurance won't cover any part of the cost of the appointment with Dr. Bajwa. (and if you think that I'm stupid enough to give you my plan #, think again!!!!!!!! It's YOUR intelligence that I'm questioning for asking!) So, how do I come up with $1800...wait, that was 4 years ago, it's probably more like $2000 now?...plus all the other costs involved? Everyone keeps telling me to "just do it!" but no one has given me any GOOD suggestions as to HOW?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not our responsibility. You want the drugs that bad, YOU come up with a way to get there.

jffmstrs

Maybe someone in your hometown will sponsor a fund raiser in your behalf to help pay the costs for your trip. You could put a story in your local paper regarding your dilemma. How bout your church? They might help!

justalayman

I'm not "making excuses"...reality is reality. My insurance won't cover any part of the cost of the appointment with Dr. Bajwa. (and if you think that I'm stupid enough to give you my plan #, think again!!!!!!!! It's YOUR intelligence that I'm questioning for asking!) So, how do I come up with $1800...wait, that was 4 years ago, it's probably more like $2000 now?...plus all the other costs involved? Everyone keeps telling me to "just do it!" but no one has given me any GOOD suggestions as to HOW?
Now you offer more pertinent info. How is anybody to give a suggestion without all the pertinent info. This is the very first time you stated your insurance would not cover this.

I gave you what should be reasonable to do given what you told us. Now you want me to be a mind reader.

Wait...I'm starting to see something..it's a thought from Lisa...it's..it's..

nah, nevermind, all I could see is

"juice, juice, juice"

Not sure what it means. Maybe she like orange juice?

I did not ask for your provider and plan. Again, that was a statement used to make a point that you have, again, not provided information that is important in making a determination that you seem to think we should all know.

You never told us what you inurance company and plan number is. I have no way to know what is covered.
See? it is a statement, not a question, that refers to your lack of information provided.

Now, I do not question your intelligence, I know you are a freakin' idiot.

You continually ask for advice then are beligerant to those few that offered some.

My god ,I think I am getting a migraine. Anybody know where I can cop some Nubain? I hear it works wonders for migraines. I already have some benedryl setting around somewhere. I hear that is a heck of a combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">