• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Trump going to win his case and get another 4 years in office?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
What nobody has mentioned is that had the Libertarian Jo Jorgenson not been in the race and the votes have gone to Trump it would have changed the result in most of those states as well as others.
No way to know how the Libertarian candidate not being in race would have impacted the outcome. There are all kinds of possibilities for what those voters would have done and we have no way to accurately determine that.

I think it's important to have more parties in the U.S. to allow voters to really express their views on what sort of policies they really want. In my state we had 21 parties on the ballot fielding presidential candidates. Sure, most failed to garner even 1000 votes, but a handful got over that. And it allowed voters to express their views about what they wanted. One of the reasons our two main parties are so awful is that they have little serious competition. Like in business, real competition tends to make those participating much better. They have to perform or they get left behind.

In any event, blaming a third party candidate for your candidate's loss overlooks the fact that your candidate knew that third party candidate was there and it was his/her job to deal with that and present a compelling message to those that might support that third party candidate.

quincy

It occurs to me that when future generations learn about this era they will think it's fake news..I mean, how could we allow such a travesty to happen? It's embarrassing.
I am hoping that “fake news” in the future will have gone the way of phrases like fly rink, pang-wangle, dandiprat and cabbage hat. :)

FlyingRon

PA elections chief says even if they throw out the less than 10,000 ballots that arrived after the third, Biden still wins.
So there.

In other news, John Roberts says all that talk about broccoli was for naught.

LdiJ

PA elections chief says even if they throw out the less than 10,000 ballots that arrived after the third, Biden still wins.
So there.

In other news, John Roberts says all that talk about broccoli was for naught.
I read that those 10,000 ballots weren't even included in the published totals. They were segregated.

FlyingRon

No, they were required to be segregated by the court order, but they were still allowed to be counted pending a decision on the rest of it.

FlyingRon

Well, the court ruled, that the ballots should not be counted. However, it would appear there are so few of them, that it's not going to affect anything.

quincy

Well, the court ruled, that the ballots should not be counted. However, it would appear there are so few of them, that it's not going to affect anything.
Not really. The US Supreme Court said of the segregated ballots: “... that all such ballots, if counted, be counted separately.”

I believe that Trump is now getting ready, not to concede (which I don’t think he’ll ever do), to announce his candidacy for 2024. I was sort of hoping he and his supporters would fade into Twitter and Facebook lore and Parler obscurity. :)

FlyingRon

Not the SCOTUS, not even the Supreme Courtyard by Marriot, the Pennsylvania Commonwealth (appellate) Court ruled in favor of Trump about four hours ago.

LdiJ

Not the SCOTUS, not even the Supreme Courtyard by Marriot, the Pennsylvania Commonwealth (appellate) Court ruled in favor of Trump about four hours ago.
In favor of what? There are a lot of lawsuits out there...or at least give us a link to where you found that.

quincy

Hmmm. Interesting. Well ... none of it really makes a bit of difference in the whole scheme of things.

Biden will be inaugurated in January and Biden will move into the White House (after fumigation). Trump and family and remaining minions will need to find a new place to play.

quincy

Thank you for providing that information. Now, I would really like to know how many ballots we are talking about and whether or not those ballots have been included in the public totals.

It was my understand, from articles I read, that the ballots had been segregated and counted, but that their count had not been included in the published totals.
They were already supposed to be segregated under Pennsylvania election law - and this was reaffirmed by the USSC - and not included in the total count.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">