• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Trump going to win his case and get another 4 years in office?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

They were already supposed to be segregated under Pennsylvania election law - and this was reaffirmed by the USSC - and not included in the total count.
Ok, then that ruling doesn't change anything...it just confirms what had already been done. I would however, be totally sympathetic to any of those voters who might feel disenfranchised by that.

quincy

Ok, then that ruling doesn't change anything...it just confirms what had already been done. I would however, be totally sympathetic to any of those voters who might feel disenfranchised by that.
Trump certainly is not winning any friends with all of his lawsuits.

quincy

Trump’s national security advisor, Robert O’Brien, says Biden won the election. Trump lawsuits over election results have been withdrawn in four states. And Trump, too, has (essentially) conceded the race to Biden - although not in those words. Those words are unlikely to ever be spoken by Trump.

But it is clear that Trump will not get another 4 years in office.

FlyingRon

While I wouldn't rule it out, I think that there would have to be a more massive groundswell for Trump to consider trying again after he's sat out for a time (especially if he's not in jail).

LdiJ

While I wouldn't rule it out, I think that there would have to be a more massive groundswell for Trump to consider trying again after he's sat out for a time (especially if he's not in jail).
His niece said that despite anything he says now, that he won't run again in 2024 because he won't risk losing again.

FlyingRon

His niece said that despite anything he says now, that he won't run again in 2024 because he won't risk losing again.
I think that is going to be a big part of it. But there's a lot of other stress that bodes poorly for him even notwithstanding the ego.

Florida. My brother is a Trump supporter. He believes that Trump is going to win back the white house when he takes his case to the US Supreme Court. I don't believe it. What do you think? Is Trump going to have another 4 years in the White House?
No. The Supreme Court cannot "overturn" a presidential election by reason of the ancient doctrine of separation of powers, and by the full faith and credit clause which requires all courts to give "full faith and credit" when "reviewing" any other state's laws. Unless a state did something completely unconstitutional--like declaring any of its federal elections "invalid" or "null and void" or "fraudulent" thereby changing the outcome--like Trump has been trying to do in Georgia and elsewhere--the Supreme Court would not intercede because they have no power to intercede.
Example: If a state legislature ignored the outcome of its own presidential election and declared that the loser won, that decision would be struck down by the SCOTUS as being patently unconstitutional--denial of the equal rights of all the voters who were disenfranchised (cheated).

Georgia

WI

AZ

I could go on. And a look at her positions will show these folks were never going to vote for Biden.
https://jo20.com/issues/
Why have you posted the same exact vote totals for all three states you listed?

quincy

Why have you posted the same exact vote totals for all three states you listed?
PayrollHRGuy said his cut and paste failed. :)

What I find impressive is the size of the win for Biden, given so many questionable actions taken to suppress the votes in the Democrat-leaning areas of the country.

Even with attempts to delay mail-in ballots from arriving in time by removing post boxes, post office equipment, and postal workers, and even with the “ghost” or phony candidates entered on ballots to draw votes away from Biden (e.g., Kanye), and even the interference by some in the GOP to alter results, Biden convincingly won both the popular vote and the electoral college electors.

Maine, as a note, just finished counting their overseas and military ballots - 80% Biden, 15% Trump.

FlyingRon

I just downloaded Trump's appeal brief. Essentially:

1. The court should have let us amend our spurious claims in the lawsuit caused by us going off half-cocked as usual.
2. We didn't mean to disenfranchise 6.8 million Pennsylvanians, just 1.5 million of them who voted for Biden.

The latter is spurious, because as the size of the disenfranchisement was just hyperbole in the decision. The arguments were that the two exemplar voters were not offered the right to cure their incomplete absentee ballots in one county, so all such cured ballots must be discarded. The court pretty much ruled, that the operative remedy (if one were required, which the decision points out is unproven), would be to cure the ballots not coutned, not to disqualify a bunch of supposed "similarly affected" ones.

Redemptionman1

My state and most in the surrounding areas have clear cut and dry voter identification requirements. This does potentially raise several disenfranchised voter questions but the signature matching envelopes are long gone so you have what you have. The thing that stings the most is they realized these states where doing this mail balloting thing long before it was implemented why didn't Trump's administration or any of the other concerned senators try and stop it then?

It is only a problem when it is a problem and I am not sure that it wasn't so much that people in those states voting for Biden but rather voting for the hatred of Trump. Trump will ultimately not win and will not get another 4 years so I do not know what will be comical. A president that says stupid crap and enflames half the population or a president who is mid term dementia and doesn't know where he is the other half of the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">