• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mail for red light ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It’s incase my address had to change and I received letters I didn’t know about; being sent to wrong address. Including notice letters to appear in court I wouldn’t know about etc. get what I mean?
No, I don't get what you mean. Did your address change?

Just Blue

It’s incase my address had to change and I received letters I didn’t know about; being sent to wrong address. Including notice letters to appear in court I wouldn’t know about etc. get what I mean?
The post office would redirect them to your new address as I'm sure you will/have put in a change of address with USPS.

PayrollHRGuy

The post office would redirect them to your new address as I'm sure you will/have put in a change of address with USPS.
In the other thread down the street, the OP said he "just changed the registration address." He mentioned nothing about a USPS forwarding order and he doesn't sound like the sort of person who would have put one in.

Just Blue

In the other thread down the street, the OP said he "just changed the registration address." He mentioned nothing about a USPS forwarding order and he doesn't sound like the sort of person who would have put one in.
Sorry ...my dripping sarcasm function must of malfunctioned on my post. ;)

Zigner

If he said that he "just changed the registration address", then it sounds like he's still got contacts at both locations.

CAliving

No, I don't get what you mean. Did your address change?
May address didn’t change. The registration address was incorrect and I just changed that last week. I have a fear any red light tickets were sent to the other address. That’s why I asked if anybody knows how long I have to reply to my FIRSt red light notice before I receive another letter for the sametopic.

CAliving

Ok. But it doesn't take 5 months to change an address.
We’ll mail May have been sent to the wrong address for me in the meantime. If they’re basing it off of my registration and not drivers license. If it’s not shown above let’s say I get a ticket for red light camera. How long do I have to reply before I get another notice in the mail? Like they’d have to send me something after a certain amount of time. Eg if I don’t reply after 25 days they’re bound to send me another kind of mail notice. Right?

Zigner

@CAliving

Just call the damn court and ask if there is a ticket.

Where, exactly, do you think you got the ticket? I'll get the number for you.
It might not be so easy here in CA - our red-light camera enforcement system is a joke. Rather, it's a patchwork of jokes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">