• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mail for red light ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CAliving

It might not be so easy here in CA - our red-light camera enforcement system is a joke. Rather, it's a patchwork of jokes.
Well unless it’s shown above any idea how long I’ll have to reply to mail before other notices get mailed? Like if I don’t reply in 25 days I’ll get more notices.

PayrollHRGuy

We have no idea what jurisdiction you are in so that question can't be answered other than there is a chance that there will be no 2nd notice and a warrant will be issued for your arrest.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
We have no idea what jurisdiction you are in so that question can't be answered other than there is a chance that there will be no 2nd notice and a warrant will be issued for your arrest.
Not for a red-light camera ticket.

CAliving

IF I am found to be arrested any idea how much longer after I’m supposed to appear in court??

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well unless it’s shown above any idea how long I’ll have to reply to mail before other notices get mailed? Like if I don’t reply in 25 days I’ll get more notices.
No. No one here has any damn idea how long it will be before they send you a second letter.

Is that clear enough for you?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No. No one here has any damn idea how long it will be before they send you a second letter.

Is that clear enough for you?
Since the citation already has the incorrect address, a follow-up letter might also go to the incorrect address. OP needs to be proactive about this and call the court.

CAliving

Since the citation already has the incorrect address, a follow-up letter might also go to the incorrect address. OP needs to be proactive about this and call the court.
Are you sure? I would have changed the address though to where any further mail would be sent to my correct address. Right?

STEPHAN

I would have changed the address though to where any further mail would be sent to my correct address.
I would not rely on it. Do something active about it.
Also, I am sure when you got the registration you signed that you have checked the information and it is correct.

CAliving

I would not rely on it. Do something active about it.
Also, I am sure when you got the registration you signed that you have checked the information and it is correct.
Waif wouldn’t it be sent to the correct address if I updated the information to my correct address though??

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Depends on when you update the information in relation to when the documentation was processed.

STEPHAN

Waif wouldn’t it be sent to the correct address if I updated the information to my correct address though??
Maybe the don't pull the address again? Maybe it takes forever for the mail to come back? Maybe it never comes back (happens all the time)? Maybe the judge does not care?

Why risk it???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">