• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mailboxes Placed ON my land NOT the easement by numerous neighbors and usps rural carrier driver told them where to put

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peoplearestrange

HOw long do I have to give usps? ive gotten no solution from them, exemt they said they sent cetified letters to the folks I cant wait 2 years for someone in the usps to fgure out a simple issue of WHO can move these boxes off my land?

PayrollHRGuy

The USPS isn't your issue. Send your neighbors a demand letter that they remove their property from your property. Give 'em two weeks. Then sue them.

If anyone is going to sue the postal service it will be them not you.

peoplearestrange

thanks to all for reesponding I think I need an attorney to brng suit to all, maybe find a one that gets paid after. I cant see any judge NOT awarding me as the landowner, win or this case. so whether the people or usps have to pay, guess doesnt matter at this point, but Im not going to have to pay, Its my land and trespassing is trespassing, and probhibiting my sale of the land etc. I did document 2 usps postal employess admitted that THEY did tell the folks to put the boxes in that spot on my land.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why are you reluctant to actually describe the placement of the mailboxes?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
thanks to all for reesponding I think I need an attorney to brng suit to all, maybe find a one that gets paid after. I cant see any judge NOT awarding me as the landowner, win or this case. so whether the people or usps have to pay, guess doesnt matter at this point, but Im not going to have to pay, Its my land and trespassing is trespassing, and probhibiting my sale of the land etc. I did document 2 usps postal employess admitted that THEY did tell the folks to put the boxes in that spot on my land.
I suspect that any legal action will cost you more than simply offering money to the folks for moving the box, as well as paying for them to be moved. Your legal costs won't be compensable.

adjusterjack

yes they really are in wrong place, I paid $1400 survey and asked the surveyor are they really in my land, he said yes, in by 15ft!!!
You aren't going to get a nickel in compensation for anything. At best all you can get is an injunction ordering the box owners to remove the boxes. For that you will have to go to court. If you can't do it yourself you'll have to hire a lawyer and pay him his fees. This is not something any lawyer will do on contingency.

I can't understand why a few mailboxes is impeding the sale of your property. Unless the array looks something like this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_meYITxWA0ZU/TJGgyADiQLI/AAAAAAAAQWw/CVQhmsxM_Ys/s1600/IMG_2005aa1.jpg
Does it look something like that?

peoplearestrange

looks like the pic BUT moved in 15ft not on the edge of property lke pic IN 15ft by about 20ft, so it DOEs impede selling the property they just need move oveer to an easement but they wont and the easement if 15 ft away, or the otherer eaement is 50 feet away

peoplearestrange

Im not offereing an encroacher/trespasser money for them to get off my land
that is not my value system, I beleive in god and I beleive in a positve outcome and I bleive I WILL be reimbursed. I have waited 9 years before for a judgment, and I did WIN that judgment, that included thanks to, god rest his soul, the Great Senator of AZ John McCain getting involved in my case in 2016.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I didn't say he the USPS can't be sued for any reason.
Given your phrasing it certainly could be read that way. After all, that's how it appeared to me.

I was talking about being sued because they allegedly told someone where to put a mailbox.
Well, that lawsuit would not be barred by sovereign immunity so it could be filed (after exhausting the administrative claim, of course). Whether the OP could win is another matter. While I have my doubts that the OP could succeed on that, I wouldn't completely rule it either.

Further, even under the FTCA, a lawsuit isn't the first step. You have to give the agency involved a chance to resolve the issue internally first.
True, and the time period for doing that is one of the potential problems to which I referred earlier.

Anyhow, I'm still getting back to the real issue?
Well, as the OP did ask about suing the USPS that is certainly one of the "real" issues in this thread, right? ;)

quincy

Does the USPS rural carrier have to get out of his vehicle to deliver the mail or does he drive over your land?

I can't picture a placement 15' into your property that makes delivery easy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">