• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mailboxes Placed ON my land NOT the easement by numerous neighbors and usps rural carrier driver told them where to put

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peoplearestrange

they drive right over 15ft into my land, they worn it out so it looks like part of the 30ft easment(road) by now, no his vehicle has worn out my vegetation and shrubery so that it is down to the dirt, he/she does not have to get out the vehicle but I have seen then sometimes get out

peoplearestrange

i took pic of a crude drawing of my land and the placement of the boxes and the roads that i drew out and got as jpg in my computer dont know how to attach or make a link here to show it to you , sorry technology challenged PTSD and brain stem compression dont help Im using limited brain cells

quincy

they drive right over 15ft into my land, they worn it out so it looks like part of the 30ft easment(road) by now, no his vehicle has worn out my vegetation and shrubery so that it is down to the dirt, he/she does not have to get out the vehicle but I have seen then sometimes get out
Did your surveyor stake your property line? Can you prove, in other words, that the mailboxes are sitting deep inside your property?

If you are sure of the line, you potentially could install a cheap fence or hedge 5' into your property so the mailboxes are no longer accessible to the delivery driver or the mail recipients. Leave the row of mailboxes in place but also leave the rest of the worry on what to do with them to the USPS and those who stuck mailboxes there.

Stick up no trespassing signs.

peoplearestrange

Did your surveyor stake your property line? Can you prove, in other words, that the mailboxes are sitting deep inside your property?

If you are sure of the line, you potentially could install a cheap fence or hedge 5' into your property so the mailboxes are no longer accessible to the delivery driver or the mail recipients. Leave the row of mailboxes in place but also leave the rest of the worry on what to do with them to the USPS and those who stuck mailboxes there.

yes, I called the county to ask if a temporary chain see thru fence, LIke material bought at home depot the 4/5ft kind u suggest, could be put up and they said yes, but i need submit 7 arial pics of land first and get a permit from them, and give then the survey with me draw in where the fence is going, and i forgot what if they said any setback from the road. Ill have to call him back and write it down, cant find my notes. usps tho, I think told me i CANT block the boxes, the fence would block the boxes. I have put up a bunch of NO trespass sign, and at the advice of bass pro shop got 2 trail cam and posting signs with property protected by video surveillance. sheriff told me docoument who/when is taking all the signs down, took down my Land for sale sign, no trespass signs so far. Im sure of the line, going by the Survey just done that I paid $1400 for , and it says encroachment of 8 mailboxes on the survey. and is drawn out in the survey that surveyor recorded.

peoplearestrange

yes, I called the county to ask if a temporary chain see thru fence, LIke material bought at home depot the 4/5ft kind u suggest, could be put up and they said yes, but i need submit 7 arial pics of land first and get a permit from them, and give then the survey with me draw in where the fence is going, and i forgot what if they said any setback from the road. Ill have to call him back and write it down, cant find my notes. usps tho, I think told me i CANT block the boxes, the fence would block the boxes. I have put up a bunch of NO trespass sign, and at the advice of bass pro shop got 2 trail cam and posting signs with property protected by video surveillance. sheriff told me docoument who/when is taking all the signs down, took down my Land for sale sign, no trespass signs so far. Im sure of the line, going by the Survey just done that I paid $1400 for , and it says encroachment of 8 mailboxes on the survey. and is drawn out in the survey that surveyor recorded.
yes, surveyor staked and pins in ground with his RLS #, I know if they trepasses tamperwith the stakes its a crime/illegal, Bass pro shop told me aim 1 trail cam at th other so when they trepass to take the camera/sd card? the other transmits all the pics immedialtey to my cell phone, the sheriff told me give them the photos and if I can tell them name/adress of the person in pic they will go after them for trespass NOt for mailboxes trespass but for the signs/damages and camera

peoplearestrange

yes the proof is the recent survey I paid for, shows it on, and the surveyor stakes and ground pin my parcel and measured from the road/easment how far encroached IN my land the boxes are 15 ft

peoplearestrange

ive got an old 1998 gmc sonoma i wanted to put there to deter the box issue, and the usps said I cant block the mailboxes, Im going to call a free lawyer tomorrow or try google If i can block the boxes tho, because the sheriff told me since the usps sent me a letter that they did NOT tell the folks to put box there, sheriff said then itis UNAUTHORIZED mail place and usps should NOT even be doing mail there on my land! sheriff also said that he suspects usps lying tho, because THEY must have told the folks put boxes there, as usps IS picking up and deleivering mail from the so called NOT authorized place!! makes NO sense. sheriff said usps trying to pit me against the neighbors so as no one blames the true responsible usps for this chaos

peoplearestrange

sheriff said if NOT authorized mail place by usps THEY should NOT continue deleivering to the mailboxes
and that would force the folks to go into town for their mail

peoplearestrange

Buy an old van and park it on your property in front of their mailboxes.
eureka! there is NO hoa, no city ordinance, nothing in writing that i find that I cant park on my land, infront of the boxes. only says felony if i remove/take boxes down. thank u thank u thank u old bessie is parking there tonite

quincy

eureka! there is NO hoa, no city ordinance, nothing in writing that i find that I cant park on my land, infront of the boxes. only says felony if i remove/take boxes down. thank u thank u thank u old bessie is parking there tonite
That doesn't solve the problem of the mailboxes on your property but it might encourage the neighbors to move the boxes.

You can also send letters to each of the neighbors with mailboxes on your property advising them that legal action against them will be considered if the mailboxes are not removed within X number of days.

Let us know what happens. Good luck.

peoplearestrange

That doesn't solve the problem of the mailboxes on your property but it might encourage the neighbors to move the boxes.

You can also send letters to each of the neighbors with mailboxes on your property advising them that legal action against them will be considered if the mailboxes are not removed within X number of days.

Let us know what happens. Good luck.
thank u I did send then all certified letters only 2 accepted the other 6 were refused and came back to me today. they figure if they dont respond, or ginore the issue it will keep there box on my land, Im hoping the parked truck deters them and weans tor them innto getting used to picking up their mail in town for now. the boxes will still be stainding there, but they wont get mail deleivery as the carrier will go around the parked car and not deleiverable to the boxes. no hoa no city ordinance theyll ccall the sheriff Im sure, no police out there, but since i already called sheriff hes aware of the encroachment doubt hed do anything for them, as he said to me, sheriff dont get involveld in postal issues, trespassing yes, postal no

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">