• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Midwife/ OBGYN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Thank you Quincy great information!

I have tegistered under the different personas because I would forget on what I had used previously.

You have helped me numerous times. I think going back to 2005 dealing with foreclosure issues.
I don't even have that same email address lol.

I registered under rule number 1 last year under my business email. That way I won't forget.
I appreciate the explanation of why you have used different user names. I certainly understand how one can forget old user names and old email addresses.

By the way: I wasn't on this forum in 2005 and I probably did not help you with any foreclosure issue, but I am happy at least that my "quincy" user name is not eliciting any horrific flashbacks. :)

I hope your friend's daughter recovers quickly.

Just Blue

Well I apologize if I seemed rude myself. I guess it's a matter of perspective.
I guess it is a matter of perspective. From my perspective an attorney who volunteers her time to assist members here is kind and generous. Apparently from your snowflake-world perspective said attorney is "rude" for advising you that LEGALLY you have nothing to do with this girls issues.

And why did the Doctor have you examine the girls stiches? You never did answer that question.

Rulenumber1

I guess it is a matter of perspective. From my perspective an attorney who volunteers her time to assist members here is kind and generous. Apparently from your snowflake-world perspective said attorney is "rude" for advising you that LEGALLY you have nothing to do with this girls issues.

And why did the Doctor have you examine the girls stiches? You never did answer that question.
"Why are you so involved? This is truthfully NONE of your legal business. Furthermore I highly doubt mom received five feet of stitches."

To be quite honest I did not see the "legal" part of her post. I was in a rush getting ready for work. That being said the Midwife certainly did say 60 in of stitchers.

My sincerest apologies.....

Still at work and I missed the question also of why the doctor had us look.

I can only assume it was because she wanted us to see how extensive the damage was and explain to us that she was may very well have to go back in the hospital and have more surgery.

Rulenumber1

60 stitches and 60 inches of stitches are quite different things. Are you quite sure you knew which?

It is most unusual for the doctor to ask a non-medical professional, who is not a family member no matter how close a friend, to "look at the damage". In what capacity did he make that request? Are you a nurse? A physician's assistant?

Rulenumber1

Why are you so involved? This is truthfully NONE of your legal business. Furthermore I highly doubt mom received five feet of stitches.
My sincerest apologies for my earlier response. I was in a rush getting ready for work and did not see the word "legal"

Rulenumber1

I am not a nurse I am not a nurse practitioner I am not in the medical field at all..... I was quite surprised myself. After seeing the extensive amount of damage it did put a different perspective on why the mother was having such a hard time..

The Midwife certainly said 60 in of stitches. We questioned her on whether it was 60 stitches? Or 60 in? She said they do not measure and stitches... IDK

Rulenumber1

I am not a nurse I am not a nurse practitioner I am not in the medical field at all..... I was quite surprised myself. After seeing the extensive amount of damage it did put a different perspective on why the mother was having such a hard time.. the grandmother also look briefly. She very quickly got back up to her daughter and she was screaming and such pain from the examination.

The Midwife certainly said 60 in of stitches. We questioned her on whether it was 60 stitches? Or 60 in? She said they do not measure and stitches... IDK

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Think about it logically. 60 inches is five feet. Do you REALLY think an episiotomy could be measured in feet?

Rulenumber1

Think about it logically. 60 inches is five feet. Do you REALLY think an episiotomy could be measured in feet?
I know what we heard.... I will double check tomorrow..... that being said she is ripped from front to back stitches from front to back up into the muscles and her back end is what the doctor said last Monday

quincy

I know what we heard.... I will double check tomorrow..... that being said she is ripped from front to back stitches from front to back up into the muscles and her back end is what the doctor said last Monday
A severe tear can sometimes require 30+ stitches. I imagine the midwife meant to say 60 stitches instead of inches. She just misspoke. As it is, even 60 stitches would be extreme.

Rulenumber1

A severe tear can sometimes require 30+ stitches. I imagine the midwife meant to say 60 stitches instead of inches. She just misspoke. As it is, even 60 stitches would be extreme.
Quincy the grandmother and I questioned the Midwife on that. What she said was that they do not measure in stitches they measure in inches.... IDK

Will double check with the doctor and update after her visit tomorrow afternoon

Rulenumber1

She did not have an episiotomy .She tore... What the doctor said at her visit last Monday was she has stitches from the back inside and out up in her back end muscles...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Thank you for the clarification. However, the point still holds. And yes, as a matter of fact, stitches are counted; not necessarily by the person who put them in, but they are counted. They need to be able to tell for sure if they've all be taken out (self-absorbing material not withstanding).,

Grew up in a medical household.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Okay, I got curious and I did some digging. It would appear that in SC, a midwife may perform an episiotomy, but only as a emergency measure in a life-threatening situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">