• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My ex wife works for a lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

None of that is really the issue I’m concerned with, my question was “is it legally allowable for her to be counseled, coached, and advised by an attorney, but still claim to not be represented by an attorney in filings and court appearances?
Yes, of course it legal. She still has to present her case herself.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Ok so this appears to be a site for people to ridicule other people who have legitimate questions, and I don’t really see it as outrageous to be concerned about my 11 year old son sleeping in a bed with his mother, even though it is in our original custody that she needs to have a separate bed for him because at that time he was 6 and she was sleeping in the bed with him and her boyfriend, but since nobody wants to give a nonjudgmental answer to a question regarding what I feel is an unfair advantage, then I guess I’ll go ask somebody who gives a tootsie roll.
Well then, and the reason you haven't already taken her to court and ask that she be found in contempt is?

Last edited:

Just Blue

Ok so this appears to be a site for people to ridicule other people who have legitimate questions, and I don’t really see it as outrageous to be concerned about my 11 year old son sleeping in a bed with his mother, even though it is in our original custody that she needs to have a separate bed for him because at that time he was 6 and she was sleeping in the bed with him and her boyfriend, but since nobody wants to give a nonjudgmental answer to a question regarding what I feel is an unfair advantage, then I guess I’ll go ask somebody who gives a ***
You are going to utterly fail in court if you react so over the top to moderate irritation. You really need to get your self together and stop flipping out. Nothing that was posted here warrants your angry, foul mouthed responses.

You are going to utterly fail in court if you react so over the top to moderate irritation. You really need to get your self together and stop flipping out. Nothing that was posted here warrants your angry, foul mouthed responses.
I’m not in court, I’m on a message board

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
The halfway point is because it was agreed upon years ago that she would drive to me for pick up and drop off, since she doesn’t contribute monetarily or anywhere other than what happens in her 2days a week, not involved with anything school related, no back to school night or teacher conferences, even though teachers have reached out to her for a conference in the past, she did not respond, she also has never taken him to a doctor appointment, dentist appointment, not even a haircut appointment.
The bolded are relevant. It shows that she's not particularly involved, and it is possible to move without it affecting her parenting time and parental i involvement.

But yes I am creating the distance so I offered a halfway point to counteract that, and the meeting place is a city she has lived in during the past 3 years
Don't. Not good enough. She's balking, you're the one creating the distance, to make an offer she'd look silly refusing.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************
I have read your other vile posts.

While I realize that you are stressed and emotional, such outbursts are unacceptable. Here, you are typing and can edit before sending. In court, you do not have that luxury.

If you are patient, you'd have a chance of getting a move away order without retaining a lawyer.

If your behavior here is representative of your usual lack of impulse control, you better retain a lawyer.

You obviously can't control you foul mouth. Maybe you'll get kicked off of here. I've reported this post too.
I’m trying to get kicked off of here, it’s easier than trying to delete my account, and yes I can control my beautifully foul mouth, I’m controlling it right now

paddywakk

California

I am on the verge of filing for mediation and a hearing about relocating from San Francisco to Sacramento. I have an 11 year old son with my ex wife, we have been divorced for 8 years and ever since we separated our son has lived with me from Sunday to Friday. She has never been very reliable as far as picking him up, and lives in a studio apartment with no kitchen (she has a mini fridge, microwave, electric skillet, and a toaster oven that I let my son take from my house so he could cook chicken nuggets) no bathroom (there is a shower in the unit, butto get to the toilet they have to go through a janitors closet and into the business at the front of the building) and they sleep on mattresses on the floor.
I messaged her several weeks ago telling her that I needed to relocate, and gave her the reasons why (financial reasons mostly), her response was that we were going to have to “negotiate”. A couple of days later she messaged me with some very specific questions about how much I was expecting to pay for rent, what kind of job I would have, and how much I would be making, I gave her very non specific answers as I felt her questions were a little intrusive and not relevant to her custody after the move. I then messaged her with a proposed pick up/drop off schedule, complete with halfway meeting locations, drive times and distances, public transportation schedules and cost, and an updated vacation plan, with a breakdown of her current hours per year and the hours per year that she would get with my proposal, which was a difference of 33 hours per YEAR. Her response was that she needed time to come up with a counter offer, and when I asked what she did not agree with she said she wasn’t sure.
So now I’m getting everything ready to file for a court order to grant me permission to move because I feel like she is just trying to disagree for the sake of disagreeing. Now for my question: since she works at a law office, one could reasonably assume that she is getting counseled by either her employer or another attorney in the building, yet when she goes to court she does not claim to be represented by anyone, can she do that? Can she work with a lawyer all the way up to the point of standing in a courtroom and claim to be representing herself? How can I keep from getting railroaded in that situation?

thanks everybody!
Dude, you're going to have to do ALL the transportation if you move. And having tried to get from Sac to Vallejo on the weekend, I DO understanding you could be looking at 2+ hours each way. You didn't specify if she would get 33 hours more or 33 hours less with your proposal, but I would expect her to fight over it if it's less.

LdiJ

The halfway point is because it was agreed upon years ago that she would drive to me for pick up and drop off, since she doesn’t contribute monetarily or anywhere other than what happens in her 2days a week, not involved with anything school related, no back to school night or teacher conferences, even though teachers have reached out to her for a conference in the past, she did not respond, she also has never taken him to a doctor appointment, dentist appointment, not even a haircut appointment. But yes I am creating the distance so I offered a halfway point to counteract that, and the meeting place is a city she has lived in during the past 3 years
It doesn't matter. Its almost guaranteed that a judge would order you to provide all of the transportation since you are creating the distance. It doesn't matter what you agreed to in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">