• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New car purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Harleycpl

Well dealer called and said that Kia made a mistake in the brochure. The item does not come with my model or any of the four others they said it came as standard equipment. So is that it? Am I screwed with no recourse?
Kia Telluride

quincy

Well dealer called and said that Kia made a mistake in the brochure. The item does not come with my model or any of the four others they said it came as standard equipment. So is that it? Am I screwed with no recourse?
Kia Telluride
What model and what year?

Press releases state that the 2020 Kia Telluride includes mood lighting as standard but only in the SX model.

Last edited:

quincy

I don't see where it says an "8 color" mood lamp is standard.

You have NO mood lamp at all in your 2020 Kia Telluride? What model did you purchase?

quincy

Scroll down to interior features, line 8, S standard on LS,S & EX
On most of the Kia sites it says that the "ambient lighting in 8 colors" is available on S, EX and LX, and that the 64-color mood lighting on the SX comes with the "prestige package."

I agree that the material provided on the Telluride is a bit confusing. I am not convinced it is false advertising but possibly it could be considered misleading.

What model did you purchase?

Harleycpl

On most of the Kia sites it says that the "ambient lighting in 8 colors" is available on S, EX and LX, and that the 64-color mood lighting on the SX comes with the "prestige package."

I agree that the material provided on the Telluride is a bit confusing. I am not convinced it is false advertising but possibly it could be considered misleading.

What model did you purchase?
We bought the EX

Harleycpl

I want a free upgrade to the SX model !!, but. They offer an optional interior light kit for the foot wells, sells around $450 installed. Will probably ask them to install that n/c or make one months payment.

quincy

I want a free upgrade to the SX model !!, but. They offer an optional interior light kit for the foot wells, sells around $450 installed. Will probably ask them to install that n/c or make one months payment.
I doubt you will get an upgrade to the SX. Nice thought, though. :)

It doesn't hurt to ask the dealership for the light kit.

PayrollHRGuy

There is no way they are going to give you a new car. I think the dealer added optional kit is your best bet but I wouldn't hold your breath for it. As mentioned the brochure has a disclaimer. If it didn't the best you could hope for if you sued would be the current value of the feature which would likely surprise you about how little it would be.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Neither the dealer or Kia has to do anything. You posted a link to the press release about the car. At the bottom of the page (that you provided the link to), you will note the following text:
Press Release Information Notice
Kia makes reasonable efforts to ensure that information contained in its press releases is accurate at the time of posting. However, Kia makes no guarantees or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the accuracy of the content presented. Kia may, from time to time, update its press releases, issue new releases, or publish other information to reflect new information.

In other words, as I stated previously, that informatoin is only informational and does not create any sort of obligation on Kia to provide those exact features.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">