• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online services passwords

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smommy1992

There should be NO objection to EITHER parent reviewing the CHILD'S page any day, any evening, any time. Five times a day, if the parent wishes.
And he has access to check whenever he feels the need. However, harassing ME about something that is on MY page or texting me about someone I am friends with, how do I afford to get a pedicure with the comment after is he paying for it with child support, etc. that is not called for whatsoever. Hence probably why he feels the need to check her page so frequently. I dont post my life on FB, never will. But if and when I do, that is none of his business.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And he has access to check whenever he feels the need. However, harassing ME about something that is on MY page or texting me about someone I am friends with, how do I afford to get a pedicure with the comment after is he paying for it with child support, etc. that is not called for whatsoever. Hence probably why he feels the need to check her page so frequently. I dont post my life on FB, never will. But if and when I do, that is none of his business.
And you are hijacking THIS thread, why?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Stop hijacking :rolleyes:

Isis1

i haven't confirmed yet, but i have received word that legislation in CA has passed a new law that prohibits anyone from under the age of 13 to hold a social networking account. don't quote me on that, i'm still looking to confirm.

CSO286

LittleCSO doesn't FB, she plays Farmville at Grandma's.....

But as to her internet useage: I have a program that takes screenshots on a regulated interval. She can't go anyway, see anything, talk to anyone that I don't find out about. I copy her keystrokes. I also have filters for any adult content and she has a list of approved websites that she can visit.... She can't visit a site not on the list.

Yeap, I'm evil.

Very simple: Under any roof I am paying for, she has NO expectation of privacy. Any privacy she has is by my generosity only, and can and will be rescinded should I feel there is cause.

Last edited:

txprincess

My 13 y/o son not only had a facebook page at his dad's house, he was told not to tell me about AND I was on his blocked list. Since I refused him a fb page, of course he kept it hush hush b/c he was afraid I would take it away. When he asked his dad what the password was so I could have it, dad told him that was something he did at HIS house, not mine and I didn't need to concern myself with it. :rolleyes:

Hmkay. :cool: Once I laid the law down with son and made a list of rules, I allowed him to create ANOTHER page at my house...gave dad the password and didn't block him from it AND invited him to be a "friend." Since son is at my house a majority of the time, this page became his primary page.

There's nothing in the law/orders that state ANYTHING about social media. You kind of have to do the best you can as a parent.

I don't agree with a 7 y/o having a fb page, but under the right guidance and circumstance, I can understand. Judging OP on allowing the child to even have a fb page isn't what OP came here for. Sorry...but nothing legal you can do as far as I know.

mistoffolees

i haven't confirmed yet, but i have received word that legislation in CA has passed a new law that prohibits anyone from under the age of 13 to hold a social networking account. don't quote me on that, i'm still looking to confirm.
Is this what you're referring to:
California Social Networking Bill Will Stall Online Innovation -- SACRAMENTO, Calif., May 10, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --
It doesn't forbid anyone under 13 from owning a social networking account, but it says "The bill would affect social networking websites that knowingly serve minors with specific safeguards and educational guidance."

Of course, Google feels that they're entitled to do whatever they want with your personal information, so they're fighting the proposed law:
Law To Make Social Networks Private By Default Worries Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">