• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passport Cancelled While Abroad?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not Mexican, I just live in Mexico. I am therefore not familiar with Mexican law regarding Mexicans renewing Mexican passports whilst not physically in Mexico. Why do you need to know this? How will knowing about how Mexicans can renew their passports from outside Mexico help you with your situation?
Well what process does your nation have, wherever you are from? I just never thought that a country would not allow one to renew their passport at their respective Embassy or Consulate. What do your people do, that it sounds like such a strange idea to you?

Also, if you are a foreigner, in Mexico, why are you on this forum???

We really can't help you, because you are focusing on the wrong details.

From your initial post, I assume the state where the court order for child support is from is California, and that the child is now ~18.

How and when was your paternity established?
How was the amount of child support determined? When did this court order go into effect?

You are going to have to retain a lawyer who is a member of the California bar to unravel this, if it can or should be unraveled.
I have no idea. And have been unable to find any sort of legal aid. I need to live in the county to get help. But I am not even in the state. Nor the country!

There has to be some options for the Land of the Free?

We really can't help you, because you are focusing on the wrong details.

From your initial post, I assume the state where the court order for child support is from is California, and that the child is now ~18.

How and when was your paternity established?
How was the amount of child support determined? When did this court order go into effect?

You are going to have to retain a lawyer who is a member of the California bar to unravel this, if it can or should be unraveled.
Yeah, come to think of it, I left America several years before she gave birth. So how the hell could I be responsible for this?

LdiJ

This thread is one of the worst examples I have seen of people misunderstanding each other.

One of the people who responded to you assumed that you had never renewed your passport since you moved to Italy, and therefore was advising you to renew it at the embassy since it certainly would have expired by now.

You assumed that they were talking about your potentially cancelled passport therefore you were ranting about that not being possible.

Almost everyone who responded to you were talking about expired passports only, and when someone did talk about a cancelled passport you acted as though they contradicted themselves.

Other posters did the same thing to you when you discussed the fact that you had renewed your passport at the embassy. They thought you were contradicting yourself.

eerelations

lol YOU are the one saying it can be renewed! Read your comments if you forgot what you posted! Seriously, why are there nothing, but trolls, ON A LEGAL FORUM!?
You said that you renewed your passport via your embassy. I assumed you were telling the truth when you said that.

eerelations

Well what process does your nation have, wherever you are from? I just never thought that a country would not allow one to renew their passport at their respective Embassy or Consulate. What do your people do, that it sounds like such a strange idea to you?

Also, if you are a foreigner, in Mexico, why are you on this forum???
I am Canadian. The Canadian process for renewing an expired passport while abroad is very similar to the American process. So the idea of renewing an expired passport at a Canadian embassy or Consulate is not so strange to me. In fact, I recently underwent this process and am therefore quite familiar with it. I also have many American friends here in Mexico, and they go through the American process all the time.

While I am pretty up-to-date on the American and Canadian processes involved in renewing expired passports while abroad, I have no information regarding how Mexicans can do this. The Mexican process may be similar to the American and Canadian processes, or it may not. Whatever it is, I believe it is quite irrelevant to your situation. However, if my belief is incorrect, can you please explain how knowing about Mexican passport renewal processes will help you?

Finally, I am on this forum because I have knowledge about American expired passport renewal processes while abroad. These forums do not require that participants actually live in the US (if that were the case, you would not be allowed here either), only that we have enough relevant knowledge to answer questions. I do.

eerelations

OP are you in Italy? If you are, can you explain how you manage to support yourself + a wife and kids on $300 USD per month? Thank you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I have no idea. And have been unable to find any sort of legal aid. I need to live in the county to get help. But I am not even in the state. Nor the country!

There has to be some options for the Land of the Free?
Lemme get this straight.

We're on page 3 and just now you're saying you've been ruled the legal father of a minor child in CA, even though you haven't been in the US since 2000, and that there's a court order for child support.

1. How was paternity determined?
  2. How were you (legally) served?
  3. What court orders involving you (child support, for example) have been established.

You're so scattered (and frankly rude) that for all any of us know you could be a subject of a paternity scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">