• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pharmacy Online

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen Merback

What is the name of your state? Wyoming
Online pharmacies??? My sister in law has been able to buy pain medication with codene and muscle relaxers on the internet. Her mother has a brain tumor and is on pain meds. The sister is stealing them in between her delivery of the internet meds. She uses her mother's credit card to pay for them and she lies to the physician when they call her as to why she needs them. These are my perceptions as I am not able to get close enough to the credit card bills, checkbook or medication containers as they are no where to be found. Those who take drugs become paranoid at all times and are suspicous of all family members trying to take away there drug intake.

How can this be legal???? Pretty soon you can buy meth online instead of having to make it at home and chance being blown up or arrested.

How can we stop the sister as her mother's doctor is not aware of what is really going on and the medication dispensary is a nightmare everyday.

Is there any way we can legally stop her and the online pharmacy wanna be?

ldkirby

Well, I am sorry to say there may be nothing you can do. What is the extent of the brain tumor? Is the mother still aware and mentally capable? If so, let her handle it. If not, then let the next of kin know of the situation and cancel the cards and put a hold on bank accounts, etc.
The doctor is required to prescribe medications, so telling him/her may proove fruitless.

As an aside, my mother died three years ago from a brain tumor and there was no pain medication prescribed as there are no nerves in the brain, and therefore no pain. You said these are your perceptions since you aren't there, so again, just let the person in charge know.

Good luck, I know this situation stinks.

Shay-Pari'e

ldkirby said:
Well, I am sorry to say there may be nothing you can do. What is the extent of the brain tumor? Is the mother still aware and mentally capable? If so, let her handle it. If not, then let the next of kin know of the situation and cancel the cards and put a hold on bank accounts, etc.
The doctor is required to prescribe medications, so telling him/her may proove fruitless.

As an aside, my mother died three years ago from a brain tumor and there was no pain medication prescribed as there are no nerves in the brain, and therefore no pain. You said these are your perceptions since you aren't there, so again, just let the person in charge know.

Good luck, I know this situation stinks.
The brain contains about 100 billion nerve cells (neurons) and trillons of "support cells" called glia.Brain Tumor's can be very painfull.

Last edited:

ldkirby

Certainly brain tumors can be painful generally due to pressure on other areas. Either way, my mother's brain surgery was done while she was awake as their are no "pain" sensory nerves at least in her brain!
My point was just to indicate that the medications the sister was ordering may not be for the mother at all.

Anywho, did you have an answer for the OP?

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

ldkirby said:
Certainly brain tumors can be painful generally due to pressure on other areas. Either way, my mother's brain surgery was done while she was awake as their are no "pain" sensory nerves at least in her brain!
My point was just to indicate that the medications the sister was ordering may not be for the mother at all.

Anywho, did you have an answer for the OP? My answer was to give her the correct info. :rolleyes:

As an aside, my mother died three years ago from a brain tumor and there was no pain medication prescribed as there are no nerves in the brain, and therefore no pain. There ARE nerves, and there can be a lot of pain. Your mother may have been awake for reasons that had to do with the location of her tumor. Many people are knocked out for brain surgery.

Any more questions?

Veronica1228

The "next of kin" can't do anything about this situation. If the mother's condition is such that she is incapable of looking after her own financial affairs, then she needs a POA. If the daughter is the POA the only thing you could possibly do is to file elderly abuse charges. This would of course only be for the misuse of the credit cards.

I'm not sure what you can do about the online pharmacy itself. You might want to check with the BBB, FDA, or AMA to see if there are any complaints you can file.

Last edited:

ldkirby

--PARIDISE-- said:
ldkirby said:

Anywho, did you have an answer for the OP? My answer was to give her the correct info. :rolleyes:

As an aside, my mother died three years ago from a brain tumor and there was no pain medication prescribed as there are no nerves in the brain, and therefore no pain. There ARE nerves, and there can be a lot of pain. Your mother may have been awake for reasons that had to do with the location of her tumor. Many people are knocked out for brain surgery.

Any more questions?
Paradise,
Not sure how this turned into a debate about your brain surgery knowledge...as that was not the question asked by the OP. Sorry to get you in a tizzy. We were told what we were told...obviously you have been told otherwise. For the time being, I will side with the neurosurgeons from Scripps La Jolla.
Have a great day.

Shay-Pari'e

ldkirby said:
Paradise,
Not sure how this turned into a debate about your brain surgery knowledge...as that was not the question asked by the OP. Sorry to get you in a tizzy. We were told what we were told...obviously you have been told otherwise. For the time being, I will side with the neurosurgeons from Scripps La Jolla.
Have a great day.
UMMM, It started with YOU telling the poster that you didn't see the need for her relative to have pain management, because there "Are no nerves in the brain", thus..."No Pain".
:rolleyes:

(YOUR QUOTE)there are no nerves in the brain, and therefore no pain.(YOUR QUOTE)

Then YOU got snippy.

psst, Don't apologize, as you did not get me in a tizzy.

Last edited:

ldkirby

Alright, already. Move on. As I stated, for now I will side with the neurosurgeons at Scripps La Jolla.

The OP's question was not about brain surgery and as you will note, I put my mother's experience in as an aside.

Again, have a great day.

Shay-Pari'e

ldkirby said:
Alright, already. Move on. As I stated, for now I will side with the neurosurgeons at Scripps La Jolla. Who cares. :rolleyes: Google can be your friend.

The OP's question was not about brain surgery and as you will note, Yes, I duly noted that in her question, you however turned it into your agenda, and gave grossly false information.

I put my mother's experience in as an aside. You told the poster there was no need for pain meds,.......

Again, have a great day. Will do.

ldkirby

Paradise,
Why are you so hostile? Yes, my mother had her brain surgery at Scripps...didn't need to Google it...she lived in Del Mar...it was close, etc. I said enough already.
You can continue to insult me if you choose...judging by your other posts, it seems to be the only thing you are actually capable of doing.
Unless, of course, you can point out which of your posts here answer the OP's legal question.............

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

ldkirby said:
Paradise,
Why are you so hostile? Yes, my mother had her brain surgery at Scripps...didn't need to Google it...she lived in Del Mar...it was close, etc. I said enough already.
You can continue to insult me if you choose...judging by your other posts, it seems to be the only thing you are actually capable of doing.
Unless, of course, you can point out which of your posts here answer the OP's legal question.............

Lady, go back and read your own posts, I never insulted you. Veronica answered her question. I simply corrected you.

I did not mean GOOGLE your mothers hospital, :rolleyes: I meant GOOGLE freaking nerves in the brain.

Drop your stupid agenda already. YOU keep saying "Enough already", yet you keep posting. You can't look up if you have nerves in your freaking brain?

Please continue judging my postings, Fans are nice to have.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

I am right, and if you took the time to figure out third grade you too would know there are nerves in our brain.

DONE.

Last edited:

ldkirby

With all due respect, Paridise (sic), there is more to the brain than what was taught in 3rd grade.

We can agree to disagree....or you can respond with yet another put down.

Why don't you go ask your bar buddies what they think, or better yet, your hamster? You treat everyone like trash on this site and near as I can tell you are not an attorney.

PS. Before you lay into me again regarding my education/ background, do a Google search of your own and see if you can figure out who I am. My bet is you will be surprised.

Shouldn't be that hard for someone of your calibur....right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">