• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Primary legal and physical custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have helped so much.

What is the best way to deal with the stepmom who is narcissistic? They both painted a pretty picture in court the first go round, saying everything right. Behind closed doors, and especially if dad isn't around, our daughter feels the brunt of her personality.

What is the opinion on allowing our daughter to see her grandmother (dad's mom) on my time? Ex stopped speaking to his mother and she has only seen her grandson from stepmom twice. They don't allow her contact with our daughter because she still has a relationship to me. Ex said in court that he and his mom had reconciled, but as soon as it was over, everything got worse.

I don't have a problem allowing our daughter to visit and spend time with her grandmother, but ex says I should stop.
I have this same situation with my daughter and her grandparents (her dad's mom and dad) Grandma was diagnoised with cancer I made sure she has gotten to see them and when grandma passed he did not even take her to say good bye at the funural but the funny thing is they dug the plot in the wrong spot and ended up having a small grave side service the next day that I attended as well and she got to go. Long story short if they mean a lot to your child and you feel it's in there best intrest then do it.

tuffbrk

I'd bet my paycheck that step-mom wrote that email. I'd also take down every clock in my home so my child would have no idea what flipping time it was and could only judge time based on the light outside or what she's watching on TV. My heart goes out to your daughter. Please consider the recommended counseling for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">