• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question on child support amount and about a lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nativity

simple answer....No. I can post whatever I want within the bounds of the rules. people can make their own decision whether to read my opinion or not. you do not get to tell people who can and can't comment on other people's posts despite your own opinion of me. and if you read what i posted, the 5 responses i posted were all correct. the one im assuming you are referring to was clarified rather quickly and merely involved suggesting reading previous threads. im glad you have your opinion on who should and shouldn't give advice but i'm sorry, senio rmember or not, you're not allowed to decide who gets to post and give advice and who doesn't.
Funny thing about this forum those that come on here are, 9 out of 10, times in need of legal advice. This is going to sound crazy I know but they also banking on the fact that what they're being told is as accurate as can be.

They really aren't looking for people to respond with:

"I'm sure a senior member will have a answer but..."
Or
"In my State it is like this..."

And everyone here likes it when those who post anything at all at least try to use some grammar making it easier for those to read & respond.

It's a crazy concept, I know.

psubaby08

I work long and odd hours. My shift starts at 3pm and is over at 3:30am. Sometimes I have to stay until 7:30am. But I only "have" to work 3 days a week to get the full time 40 hours. But i often work OT.

There are absolutely no day care facilities open 3rd shift like that around me. I spent several weeks searching and also involved the state to help me look with no avail. I checked on prices of "nannies" that were licensed....very expensive.

My point is.....family caring for my son is the best option. He also has special needs...and because of these special needs and the fact that he takes meds....it would have cost me even more to hire a "nanny" with these additional qualifications.

I had to provide receipts for the last year, I had to show on my last year's income tax that I filed for a child care credit, and I had to have the family member who cares for my son fill out a day care form. Family member was not licensed and that was made clear.

I have never asked dad to help with child care costs until now. Our son is six (6).

i'm guessing you work as a nurse with those hours because it just seems to generally fit what a nurse would work. Sorry you get stuck working such crappy shifts and having to work OT. private nannies are very expensive in my area too along with the daycare facilities(ranging from 200-375 a week). that is nice and good for you that you haven't asked for help paying for childcare and that you have a famliy member who is able to watch your child for nothing. you are very lucky to have that. i don't have that option.

which is why, whether i'll get it or not, i'm at least going to try and ask for the help. worst that can happen is they say no and at least i'll walk away knowing I at least tried and didn't just give up because of what people think might happen. also like before, like you, i am willing to keep all receipts and documents and w/e a court would need to prove things.

so on the 29th ill head into our case workers office and the masters office if need be and present my requests and it's totally up to them to determine how much CS I get and if any childcare cost is included. like i said many posts ago, i will update this when i find out who turns out to be right in their opinion and who turns out to be wrong in this instance. that way everyone can know how things play out in the philly area court system.

as far as Nativity: the 5 responses to other people's threads that i have posted, if you read them, are all legally correct and accurate. they were not corrected by senior members.( who will jump at the chance to correct wrong legal advice) None of my posts have been corrected. I simply stated what i have read on this site from responses i've recieved to my questions and other threads that i have read. Most members on this site answer questions to people in different states because most people aren't knowledgable about the inner workings of another states court system. All they have to go off of is their own opinion, own experience, experience of others in their state, or what is generally accepted as standard practice and outcome across the board. However, plenty of posts to my threads have had no legal advice in them. They were consisting of sole personal opinion of what i should do and how things have worked for them or people they know in their states. I would in no way tell any of those people they couldn't post what they wanted to say just because they're not from my state of PA.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I work long and odd hours. My shift starts at 3pm and is over at 3:30am. Sometimes I have to stay until 7:30am.

There are absolutely no day care facilities open 3rd shift like that around me. I spent several weeks searching and also involved the state to help me look with no avail. I checked on prices of "nannies" that were licensed....very expensive.

My point is.....family caring for my son is the best option. He also has special needs...and because of these special needs and the fact that he takes meds....it would have cost me even more to hire a "nanny" with these additional qualifications.

I had to provide receipts for the last year, I had to show on my last year's income tax that I filed for a child care credit, and I had to have the family member who cares for my son fill out a day care form. Family member was not licensed and that was made clear.
Look at the bolded. YOu had to provide proof of what it cost. The only way you get a child care credit is if you have the babysitter's tax information as well to put on the income tax form.

psubaby08

thast fine OG i see you point. like i said though, during this upcoming year i will keep all reciepts and show the actual cost just like she did in her case and file proper tax information. ill also have my mom fill out whatever forms are necessary. im not arguing against doing that.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
thast fine OG i see you point. like i said though, during this upcoming year i will keep all reciepts and show the actual cost just like she did in her case and file proper tax information. ill also have my mom fill out whatever forms are necessary. im not arguing against doing that.
And then next year you can come back to court and present it and get child care ordered at that time. She was coming back AFTER she spent the money to get it ordered. NOT before.

LdiJ

And then next year you can come back to court and present it and get child care ordered at that time. She was coming back AFTER she spent the money to get it ordered. NOT before.
There is no harm in her trying now. She is only asking for 25% of the cost, which is clearly less than 50% of what any other means of child care would cost. Its quite possible that it will get included. She is being philosophical enough to accept it if it doesn't get included.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
There is no harm in her trying now. She is only asking for 25% of the cost, which is clearly less than 50% of what any other means of child care would cost. Its quite possible that it will get included. She is being philosophical enough to accept it if it doesn't get included.
Actually she is not asking for the cost. She is asking for a number that no one knows where she got it as she has no proof that that is what CHILDCARE costs for her. That is the issue. I didn't say there was harm in asking but I was making sure she understood the difference in what she said versus what I said.

Humusluvr

What is 25% of the cost of nothing?

How about 50%?

It seems like this poster wants to go to court and tell the judge "No, really, judge. I really did pay $600 to my mom. Oh, I don't have canceled checks. Oh no, she didn't claim it on her taxes. Oh, no I haven't taken the job yet."

I think the poster is grasping. But I would love to hear how it goes in court, pus. Let us know what proof the judge asks for. And what the judge settles on.

I'm stumped here. I can't imagine her getting anything.

LdiJ

What is 25% of the cost of nothing?

How about 50%?

It seems like this poster wants to go to court and tell the judge "No, really, judge. I really did pay $600 to my mom. Oh, I don't have canceled checks. Oh no, she didn't claim it on her taxes. Oh, no I haven't taken the job yet."

I think the poster is grasping. But I would love to hear how it goes in court, pus. Let us know what proof the judge asks for. And what the judge settles on.

I'm stumped here. I can't imagine her getting anything.
If I were her, I would go to the conference with proof that I was starting a job on XX day, that the average cost of daycare in my area was XX, with a statement from my mother that she was going to be providing daycare at XX per month, and the fact that I was asking for only 25% of that, or 150.00.

Since its normal for the NCP to pay for 1/2 of daycare, and since there is virtually no chance that anyone could ever find daycare (safe daycare) for 75.00 a week and its obvious that she is going to need daycare, I think there is a reasonable shot that she is going to get it.

Personally I cannot fathom a judge leaving a parent without daycare assistance, just because the parent's job doesn't start until a week after the conference. Particularly a parent with a newborn.

You are all basing this on the fact that you believe that she isn't going to pay grandma or that neither of them are going to handle it properly on their taxes. Lots and lots of people pay relatives for daycare and handle it properly on their taxes....I DO lots of those tax returns.

psubaby08

thankyou ldij. you have the point of view i am looking at it from. OG yes i know i have no proof of paying her now and won't until next year and i understand that and what you said. i am again willing to accept No for an answer and just hold off until next year.. but im sure as heck going to at least try. as for where i got $150 ldij is correct it's 25% and again no place is going to provide safe daycare for $75 a week. i am basing cost off of 4 daycare center brochures near my house. prices per week range fron $185-$350 per week. so even on the low end $185/2= 92.50 a week for each of us. $92.50*4=$370. now if people think paying $150 of a $370 bill is unreasonable and unfair then I would love to know what color the sky is in your world unless you feel a CP should foot more of the bill than 50/50 with NCP then that's a different issue all together.

i am planning on showing up with the daycare center brochures, my offer letter stating my salary, a notarized statement from my mom and also a statement from her employer. we have no intention of cheating taxes and it will be filed accordingly in 2010 and whatever else a judge would want proof of.

i will happily update this in 2 weeks with what the master says and what the judgement is and what proof was necessary. i'll update withd what the outcome turns out to be so that you all can find out who turns out to be right in their opinion and how a judge in the philly area rules.

and also might i add again the baby was just born in august its not like shes 2 or 3 n now i'm coming around looking for my ex to pay my mom and that im claiming i've been paying her all along because i haven't. i however am at least going to try and ask for help and not just put off asking until next year because people on a website think i'm just trying to cheat my ex and cheat taxes. nobody is a judge on here and nobody can predict with certainty how sympathetic or how harsh or whatever a judge will be in my area. Through here though, i now know some of the obstacles I face but i'm going to at least give it a shot.

Last edited:

meanyjack

I haven't seen courts ask for proof,
And here's where you should've stop commenting (although you shouldn't have even commented from the start) :rolleyes:

Oh...guess what? You better damn well have proof if the opposing party asks for it.

but even if they did, a signed notarized statement from your mom stating when she will start providing childcare, and how much you are paying should be sufficient.
~Christina
What is it with this BS about getting something "notarized"??? As if it means something in a court of law. :rolleyes:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
And here's where you should've stop commenting (although you shouldn't have even commented from the start) :rolleyes:

Oh...guess what? You better damn well have proof if the opposing party asks for it.

What is it with this BS about getting something "notarized"??? As if it means something in a court of law. :rolleyes:
It works in Mexico! <g>

n Mexico, the notary public (notario público) is a public official appointed by the State Governor. He has the capacity to attest and certify documents and business and legal transactions that require authenticity. He also provides for strict security of original records and documents.
In Mexico, every legal document, such as deeds, wills, powers of attorney, constitution of corporations, establishment of trusts and other legal transactions must be made before a notary public in order to be valid. If the document is not notarized by a Mexican notary public it is not legal!
NOTARY

psubaby08

im not going to start another arguement over something that wasn't directed towards you and occured over 20 posts ago. it is not relevant to the case questions and law at hand at this point in the thread so i do not see the need to bring it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">