• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question...please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
PS: and she is being NICE here!
I can come at her full force. As it is I gave her full warning that I would fry her. How many times do you see me warn ANY poster about my answers? So yes I took into consideration that she is barely more than a child herself and tried to play nice.

JacobJoel

Post 101

Well, OG, i screwed up kinda because i totally didn't see post 101 where she made an attempt to correct herself. and there were, again, stellar, in that while they were supportive they were also instructive, responses.

the point i am fixated on is court or not she will be, for the rest of her life, interacting w/this man and she simply must learn to have a thicker skin and not step in to the victimization/self pity/woe is me mentality.

there are MANY women on this board who are in identical or similar circumstances that can and ARE coaching her both legally and otherwise. i mean, good grief! even Fair was civil and helpful to her!

Is that for THEIR benefit? Are THEY getting the cookie for it?

No.

their time, their experience, their knowlege being laid down for HER benefit.

i was offended and over looked her attempt at clean up post. so. there you have it. JJ to the lack of attention to detail spanking spot.

however. she didn't apologize so i am somewhat in the clear.

end non legal somewhat hung over rant.

If I offended anyone I am very sorry...I do appreciate all the help and guidance and want to learn all I can...I know I'm probably not very well liked, but I can honestly say I won't be forgetting any of the information given to me here...

I have never gone through anything as tough as this in my life, though I have not lived it out yet, and I just don't know how to deal with it...I guess it's good for me to know what to expect IF this goes to court and develop a thick skin now rather than later...I can honestly say that what OG said did make me mad, but it makes me want to push harder...

I spent about 5 or 6 hours yesterday on the computer copying down laws and rights and have several pages written down and programmed into my brain...JJ was right...if I do it myself I retain more information that way...

Again I apologize if I angered anyone or upset anyone in any way, and yes my outburst was immature...I realize that I'm not the only one in this situation, and feeling sorry for myself isn't what it's about...it's no longer about onlyme anymore...it's about this little one....

So again, apologies and much thanks

Last edited:

JacobJoel

i had hope!

I had hope you would respond appropriately.

i think you are very bright and can see you in a law career. seriously.

if you are going to take crap for school, at least make them have to think twice about.

right?

but cj is right. i know many people w/law degrees who are NOT working in law.

EDITED: and, peanut, it is 'gone through'; "I have never GONE through anything as tough as this in my life. ok? we simply must SOUND educated, even when we are in school.

and don't tease me about my spelling.

Last edited:
Law career

well honestly, the degree I am in school for is Business Office Technology....I take one class there and one online...it's just an entry into the business world...

I enjoy researching and writing, and hope to establish a career and when I can, go back to school for journalism...

I'd like to maybe work in a lawyer's office, but not actually be one...I couldn't handle it I don't think, but researching the cases would definitely be interesting.

well honestly, the degree I am in school for is Business Office Technology....I take one class there and one online...it's just an entry into the business world...

I enjoy researching and writing, and hope to establish a career and when I can, go back to school for journalism...

I'd like to maybe work in a lawyer's office, but not actually be one...I couldn't handle it I don't think, but researching the cases would definitely be interesting.
I just want to give you a little advice....I have been in your shoes, although I was a smidge older at the time....
My ex husband sounds a lot like your boyfriend.....maybe not necessarily a bad guy or parent, just someone who makes poor choices....

First, I would like to reccommend that you get a job and take classes part time online or through telecourses...I did that and I am still doing that. I know the job will not bring in a lot of money, but you will need it.

Second, realize that for all you know, the father of the child may want nothing to do with the child. Both financially and emotionally. Prepare yourself for this outcome as well. Prepare yourself to be able to raise this child completely on your own...because it is a possibility.

And lastly, realize that all the legal advice you are getting her is correct. During my first court appearance, my ex husband was given joint custody even though he had not seen her in over a year. I broke down crying insisting to the judge that he did not understand. He told me to grow up. It took some time, but I have.

Just wanted you to benefit from my experience. :)

Thank You

Thank you for the advice, and you are right...As of right now, I am trying to find a job, I've put in 3 applications in the past 24 hours, so maybe one of them will go somewhere...I will continue to do more...

As for school...That was one reason I did not register full-time...yes school would help, but as for money, I need A LOT of it NOW...and the only way to do that is to get a job...

I have prepared myself for the fact that my ex will not want anything to do with this baby...I have accepted it...in fact the part that scares me is if he were to get some type of custody, as bad as that sounds...and I am pretty much banking on supporting this baby on my own...(well with my family's help, THANK GOD FOR THEM)

This Board Is A GODSEND!!

I have read several different posts on here about different situations involving parents and their children, and reading what the children have had to witness and be exposed to, I realize I DO NOT want that to happen to my child...

I have learned a lot from these boards, and since becoming a member just yesterday, I find myself addicted to them and their stories....

I've read things and learned what to do and what not to do, and hearing first hand experiences help me know what to expect later on down the road...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">