• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question...please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Trying...

I am looking for a job right now, but haven't been at it very steadily because of school and studying...plus I recently stopped getting morning sickness...thank GOD!...but I'm definately trying...I receive an income from school every 3 months, and no I know that is not enough to support myself and a baby, and I will need to get a job, which I'm trying...

Thank You To All!

Thank you to all for helping me and answering my questions and being patient with me...you have no idea how much you've helped me and how much i appreciate it!

JacobJoel

we take...

we take cash, check or credit card.

made out to CJ's college fund.

or OG's deep fryer maintenance contract, whichever you prefer.

There is something I wanted to mention on here...maybe it would help you understand my hesitance as far as the father of my child is concerned...

My ex was in the Air Force until he was kicked out...for being late to work, disciplined often, for insubordinance, and I found out later, while he was enlisted, he was sent to a rehab facility for his drinking habits; the military felt he was an alcoholic....

I did not want to seem vindictive, though I am still struggling with my own feelings towards him and the things he did to me, my main concern is this baby and what is best for him.

angelmama

http://ocss.dhr.georgia.gov/portal/site/DHR-OCSE/

And more than likely, if you & the child will be on Medicaid or any other state support (TANF, food stamps, etc) the information will have to be provided and proved by DNA testing, etc. IIRC, that's federal law, not state law.

Actually its not federal law. In my state for example DNA testing and info about the father are not required nor are funds recouped by the state for food stamps and Medicaid under any circumstances.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
There is something I wanted to mention on here...maybe it would help you understand my hesitance as far as the father of my child is concerned...

My ex was in the Air Force until he was kicked out...for being late to work, disciplined often, for insubordinance, and I found out later, while he was enlisted, he was sent to a rehab facility for his drinking habits; the military felt he was an alcoholic....

I did not want to seem vindictive, though I am still struggling with my own feelings towards him and the things he did to me, my main concern is this baby and what is best for him.
And when was he kicked out? Before or after you decided he made a good bed partner? See the problem?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am looking for a job right now, but haven't been at it very steadily because of school and studying...plus I recently stopped getting morning sickness...thank GOD!...but I'm definately trying...I receive an income from school every 3 months, and no I know that is not enough to support myself and a baby, and I will need to get a job, which I'm trying...
You not finding a job -- choice. You being in school instead of working -- choice. Income from school every three months? Hmmm student loans? therefore it is not an income, correct?

Zephyr

Actually its not federal law. In my state for example DNA testing and info about the father are not required nor are funds recouped by the state for food stamps and Medicaid under any circumstances.
can you link us to those welfare guidelines please

Well...

not student loans try STUDENT GRANTS! so yes...INCOME

And yes I see your point about the Air Force thing...so the fact that I didn't find out until later about rehab is irrelevant as well?

haiku

when it comes to SCHIP programs (not TANF) the ONLY time you have to name the father, is if YOU are going for benefits for yourself.....if it is only for the children, listing the father is usually optional on every application I have seen either on my own states or others online when this question has come up here in the past..

And SCHIP, and food stamps are not repayable to the state ever, unless gotten fraudulently.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
not student loans try STUDENT GRANTS! so yes...INCOME

And yes I see your point about the Air Force thing...so the fact that I didn't find out until later about rehab is irrelevant as well?
Which are supposed to be used on SCHOOL. Not income. You don't pay taxes on them do you? You keep bringing this up and I will keep trying to make sure you understand how an attorney can punch holes in it. It is hard, harsh, cruel but yet if you get it here, you won't crash and burn in court hopefully. You are smart. you are not getting defensive and making excuses. Good> Keep learning.

And the standard is not whether you knew but whether YOU KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN! The should have known is important. If it happened before he became baby daddy then it doesn't matter that much. Because you CHOSE to make him a father.

Last edited:
Still Confused

are you familiar with PELL grant?

You spend what you need to on school supplies, then what is left over gets sent to you at the end of the quarter in the form of a check to be spent on your expenses...so yes I still consider that income....apologies if I am wrong

angelmama

I live in PA and am a social worker. The only time that parents in my state need to establish paternity for county assistance is when they apply for TANF or cash assistance (known as GA in other states). Its explained on the PA child support website but I cant find the link right now because the site is under going maintenance. The federal government provides incentives to states who recoup larger amounts of child support to offset assistance, but does not require them to do so. The 1996 PRWORA required states to increase paternity establishment but did not necessarily mandate states to require establishment to receive benefits.

https://www.humanservices.state.pa.us/csws/index_maintenance.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">