• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question...please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJane

Okay...I've been researching the rights of a non custodial parent, and on the website I'm on, it is talking about the father legitimating a child and how he must go to the courts and it also says

you must prove that you are a fit parent or that it is in the best intrest of the child that the legitimation happens (whether you will have to show that you are fit or that it is in the best intrest of the child will depend on your relationship to the child and other factors

My question is: What does this mean? The It will depend on your relationship to the child and other factors part.... it kind of confused me....
I would GUESS that it means that factors such as whether or not he has an established relationship with the child will be taken into account... as will the age of the child, etc.

Do not hang your hat on this one. It's not the ONLY factor.

But thanks for reminding me that GA is that crazy state that forces a father to 'legitimate' a child instead of only having to establish paternity.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I started answering on her other dang thread and the first rule she needs to learn is to NOT EVER DOUBLEPOST because it irks my gentle sensibilities. The second rule...
I will get to that soon enough.
And hey I care about poster's feelings. Enough to know if they can't survive me they will absolutely die in court.

JacobJoel

double posting

i doubt she does it again. she's a fast learner.

it was my fault anyway.

aside from that, how ARE you OG? we know it's better to be fried by OG then fried in court.

seniorjudge

Q: I just want to know EVERYTHING I can about this so I know what to expect...is that wrong?

A: No. Just do not ever double post. That is the unforgivable sin.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I apologize and have learned...will not happen again...Didn't mean to upset anyone...
Close and LOCK your other thread. Then I will answer you. And most likely fry you but at least you will be deep fried like DONUTS! Cream filled. Custard filled. Cute snowmen donuts from krispy kreme. Okay?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
but only if she dips us in batter first!:p
Hmmmmmm YUMMMY> hence why i have not lost the pregnancy weight from ten months ago. Dangit. My little pants don't fit anymore. Dang chocolate and fried foods. At least it is not fried chocolate. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">