• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request Criminal Record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xylene

like how many counties in California could their possible BE?

Dude, just grind it out or hire a PI or a lawyer.

CdwJava

Thwre are 58 counties. Not all of which have an online presence, and many that would not retain court records for 20 years.

xylene

Thwre are 58 counties. Not all of which have an online presence, and many that would not retain court records for 20 years.
You're a smart man, a policeman, a trainer and an investigator.

Being methodical and sifting data is not so hard. That's my only intent.

Newspapers etc... He knows tons about this guy.

CdwJava

You're a smart man, a policeman, a trainer and an investigator.

Being methodical and sifting data is not so hard. That's my only intent.

Newspapers etc... He knows tons about this guy.
He certainly appears to have enough to show a family court that the man has been convicted of a sex crime once upon a time. Why he needs to find the actual criminal record is a head scratcher. And, after 20 years, it is likely that no official record exists anywhere - at least no complete court file that might include details of the offense or proceedings. While possible, it's unlikely. Finding records (news or legal) before the digital age can be difficult. And, since he is from out of state, it is unlikely he is going to have the time - or want to go through the expense to pay someone - to go through 58 counties' public records in a hope that some tickler file might exist, or, that a true case file might still exist in its entirety.

I'm not entirely sure why he needs that specific record for the court. You'd think the Megans Law hit might suffice ... if there is no Megan's Law record, then its likely that this was a tier one offense and may no longer be required to register.

rwasek

Yes I've looked on the Megan's law site and he's not there.
If in fact it was a tier one offense, and he is still required to register - possible that they need to retain his location due to ongoing offenses. (just speculating)
My desire to obtain details of the record are for both peace of mine, as well as proof that the girls are not safe.
I will meet with a PI and discuss further.

CdwJava

Yes I've looked on the Megan's law site and he's not there.
If in fact it was a tier one offense, and he is still required to register - possible that they need to retain his location due to ongoing offenses. (just speculating)
My desire to obtain details of the record are for both peace of mine, as well as proof that the girls are not safe.
I will meet with a PI and discuss further.
How do you know he is still required to register?

And, if there were "ongoing offenses" he'd be in jail and/or facing additional criminal charges.

Also, details of the offense may show he is not a danger to the children at all. A teenager or young adult who commits an otherwise consensual act of digital penetration with a 17 year old girlfriend can be convicted of that offense and not be a threat to anyone at all. Certainly details may show what was alleged at the time, but it is very likely that any detailed reports have long since been destroyed. Just keep in mind that a PI could be quite expensive, but, he will likely have access to public records databases that can narrow the search down pretty quickly. Still, it'll cost you a pretty penny.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sure you meant to say something like "...as well as to ensure that the girls are safe", right? I mean, what if the guy is a stand-up guy?

Just Blue

I'm sure you meant to say something like "...as well as to ensure that the girls are safe", right? I mean, what if the guy is a stand-up guy?
Yeah...It seems like OP WANTS the girls to be unsafe doesn't it? Likely for a custody change.

rwasek

How do you know he is still required to register?

And, if there were "ongoing offenses" he'd be in jail and/or facing additional criminal charges.

Also, details of the offense may show he is not a danger to the children at all. A teenager or young adult who commits an otherwise consensual act of digital penetration with a 17 year old girlfriend can be convicted of that offense and not be a threat to anyone at all. Certainly details may show what was alleged at the time, but it is very likely that any detailed reports have long since been destroyed. Just keep in mind that a PI could be quite expensive, but, he will likely have access to public records databases that can narrow the search down pretty quickly. Still, it'll cost you a pretty penny.
He is still posted in the county of his residence as a sex offender.
I doubt that details would have been destroyed since he is still required to register.
I've talked to the sheriff of the county, and they know the guy but cannot give me details of his offense. I have expressed concern to the Sheriff that there are small children living there.

rwasek

Yeah...It seems like OP WANTS the girls to be unsafe doesn't it? Likely for a custody change.
Yes custody change.
Ex-Wife and her new husband are both registered sex offenders.
Tier 1 or not, they should not have children in their residence. (IMO)
Living conditions are deplorable, in a one bedroom motel - rat infested, cockroach infested and dirty.
I have a large home so the children can have their own space, own beds, food and safety.
I have a stable home, where my ex-wife does not.

Zigner

Yes custody change.
Living conditions are deplorable, in a one bedroom motel - rat infested, cockroach infested and dirty.
I have a large home so the children can have their own space, own beds, food and safety.
I'm sure you've contacted CPS to report the living conditions, right?

Zigner

Not DCFS, other than talked with the local Sheriff so far.
Distance between us is ~200 miles. Makes it difficult to monitor from my location.
Ok, either you're SURE of the deplorable conditions, which should cause you to contact DCFS, or you are guessing because you're too far away to actually know what's going on.

rwasek

Ok, either you're SURE of the deplorable conditions, which should cause you to contact DCFS, or you are guessing because you're too far away to actually know what's going on.
Understood. I've been at the residence only once and children are filthy, and the exterior of the location is dirty.
I was not allowed inside of the residence.
Due to the fact that I have no concrete proof I have not pursued DCFS - yes it may be more speculative.

Just Blue

Yes custody change.
Your ex-wife is a sex offender? Who did she molest/rape? Was this before or after you had children with her?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">