• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roommate Leaving Lease Early

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Haha. I know dialup service exists even today. My tenants have used it because it's cheaper and month-to-month.
I had no idea. Back in the day it was bad enough for mostly text-based content. I can't imagine using the modern Internet via dialup.

quincy

I had no idea. Back in the day it was bad enough for mostly text-based content. I can't imagine using the modern Internet via dialup.
I understand the advantage to students is less cost and no "package" or time commitment required. Of course, speed is sacrificed and a landline is necessary. But I know students who use it to avoid long-term contracts.

PayrollHRGuy

Every college student I know has a smart phone and most are capable of creating a hotspot. No, I do not know ALL college students.

quincy

Every college student I know has a smart phone and most are capable of creating a hotspot. No, I do not know ALL college students.
Most of the students I know have smart phones. And I would say dialup is rare. But it is still used. Depends on the area and need, I suppose.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">