• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scotus decision and how it is impacting ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davew128

All these minor issues SCOTUS rules on and Tom Brady still suspended for 4 games. Now I know how out of whack this country is/

ecmst12

I HAVE attended, and will soon again be attending, a civil ceremony for same sex couples who are friends or family members - and I will wish them well. But, had these been held in a church of some kind or by some form of minister alleging the union was to be blessed by God, I would not attend.
I certainly wouldn't think very highly of any god who would refuse to bless the love of two committed, caring people because of their physical equipment. And I wouldn't want to be friends with anyone who would believe in such a non-loving god and hold those beliefs higher than the love and happiness of actual human people. Sorry Carl. I just can't find those beliefs worthy of respect.

CdwJava

I certainly wouldn't think very highly of any god who would refuse to bless the love of two committed, caring people because of their physical equipment. And I wouldn't want to be friends with anyone who would believe in such a non-loving god and hold those beliefs higher than the love and happiness of actual human people. Sorry Carl. I just can't find those beliefs worthy of respect.
I'm sorry to hear of your lack of faith. My faith, however, is unshaken by your lack of it.

To be clear, it's not that God does not love them - he loves all of us, and we are ALL sinners by virtue of actions and not by simply being. And, a marriage within the church is a union between a man and a woman and blessed by God. That you might disagree with such a decree does not change it.

ecmst12

I have plenty of faith, I just don't have faith in your god or religion. I have faith that someday almost no one will believe that being gay or loving someone of the same sex is a sin, no one will be shamed for it, that all gay kids will be loved and accepted by their parents, families, and peers and won't be treated any differently than straight kids. I have faith that someday, those who choose to cling to such archaic, damaging belief systems will be the ones who are ostracized and shamed. You just don't see the harm you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">