• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Served papers from ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleayh01

Hi ladies, I have another question...

Our son has health insurance through my company, can the father put my son on his health insurance if the policy is through his wife's company? He work under the table but is covered through his wife's policy.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Our son has health insurance through my company, can the father put my son on his health insurance if the policy is through his wife's company? He work under the table but is covered through his wife's policy.
That is a question that has to be asked of the heath insurance - they all differ on their policies.

TinkerBelleLuvr

I agree OG - dad may be ordered to provide health insurance. Whether the wife's policy would be amenable to placing the baby other her policy if they are not the custodial parent is a decision that the health company would be the only ones to answer.

aleayh01

The reason I asked is because he stated that he wants to put our son on the policy but I didn't know how that works because his wife pays for everything including the insurance through her job. I have our son on my insurance and would like to keep it that way. The reason he want our son on the policy is because he stated that his wife and him can claim our son for tax purpose instead of me.

aleayh01

:DThank you OG and Ginny J. Just one more question, I'm new to all of this. Does the wife have to be in the court room when we go? He also stated that he does nothing without his wife present and she stated that where her husband go there she will be. Can I request that no third parties be allowed in this custody battle?

TinkerBelleLuvr

A couple of people have managed to get the step-whatevers stuck in the hallway by saying, "Step-whatever MAY be called as a witness." Witnesses aren't allowed in the courtroom. :D:D:D

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
:DThank you OG and Ginny J. Just one more question, I'm new to all of this. Does the wife have to be in the court room when we go? He also stated that he does nothing without his wife present and she stated that where her husband go there she will be. Can I request that no third parties be allowed in this custody battle?
NO. Immediately upon getting into court request that only the parties -- you and dad be allowed to remain with your counsel. Also state that you may call wife as a witness and therefore she needs to be excluded. She can wait in th ewaiting room. Some courts automatically only allow PARTIES -- meaning you and dad -- with counsel in the hearing room.

aleayh01

Great, will do... I'm trying to minimize as much contact with the wife as possible because it's clear we're not gonna turn into the "Brady Bunch" but in order to do what's best for our son, I don't need that much contact with her, get where I'm going with that (she could get the smack down)! BUT MATURITY is most important, never showing my anger and frustration is the key.:cool:

kmb1179

OP, stay strong!

It sounds to me like maybe the new wifey-poo feels threatened by you. I had to laugh at what she and him said. He's a big boy. He doesn't need her to hold his hand through everything.

I know I said that you should try to be cordial, but maybe wifey-poo needs to be reminded that her hubby managed to conceive this child without any help from her.:D

She needs to understand that this child was conceived between you and him, she played absolutely no part in that. I guarantee that this is what is chapping her ass so much. She hates that he has a baby with you, and is trying to assert herself in it as much as possible.

From my perspective, there are definately jealousy issues on her part. Too bad for her. This is HIS baby with YOU. She doesn't enter the equation. She may just need a judge to inform her of this. If he brings her into court with this attitude, he is shooting himself in the foot.

I would follow the advice of OG and the other poster (sorry, can't remeber who it was :eek: ) who said to put her on your witness list. Then she can't come in. If you never actually call her as a witness, oh well. :p

OP, feel free to PM me anytime. I hate to admit this, but once upon a time, I was a little like your ex's wife. Thank God I grew up! If you need to talk for emotional support, I'm here. I've been on both sides of this fence, so maybe I can help a little. Maybe not so much legally. I'll leave that to the awesome senior members here who are much better than I for that. But I have a very soft shoulder to cry on when needed. :)

aleayh01

Thanks KMB1179... I guess what's frustration on her behalf is that I pay this chic NO MIND and have absolutely no problem shutting her down with telling ole girl to mind her bees wax. But the real problem is the fact that she feels threaten because I have a baby by her husband (not BRAGGIN at all) He's no winner, but I slept with him:eek:..... I think it's the way the situation was presented to her. She didn't know anything about me until I GAVE BIRTH. He didnt tell her that he had another women pregnant before marrying her.

I will PM you kmb1179

Wow, I wonder if you looked in her purse you'd find his testicles in there.

StampGirl

My attorney immediately requested that Dorkboys wifey remain in the hallway and be excluded from ANY hearing regarding our children. Of course, his attorney didn't like it (neither did his wifey) however, the judge agreed. He said and I quote becuase I loved it so much "The step-mom can wait in the hall outside. She has no legal presence or involvement in the proceedings at hand. Pls be so kind as to not be present at future hearings"!!! Gawd I love CA Judges LOL Since we were the first case of the morning, he also recommended that every step-parent not be present so as to save time in clearing the courtroom on non-essential people.

Since then, Dorkboy doesn't even bring her to the courthouse. However, he has to check in with her via cellphone all the time he is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">