• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step son stabbed by wife 2x

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

concernedstep1970

So Thursday he called detective to try squash the charges and yesterday since they didnt call him back he got in car and went to speak with them in person and reinflammed his wounds and lung filled back up with fluid and the hospital called us and were back with him and tube in chest drain fluid

concernedstep1970

We’re hoping the state doesn’t drop charges because he want them do and next time he’s dead - I was hoping that if they go that route we could push them to still charge her by legal means

concernedstep1970

He had a seargant that was his mentor that was killed in combat with him in Afghanistan and that is part of reason for his depression - also since been out 3 guys from his until have committed suicide

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
We’re hoping the state doesn’t drop charges because he want them do and next time he’s dead - I was hoping that if they go that route we could push them to still charge her by legal means
The state can choose to prosecute her without his permission, and given the physical evidence, they should. The man was stabbed in the BACK more than once, without enough force to puncture a lung. That's not self defense. He does not have to testify against his wife.

He needs psychological and emotional help. He has an alcohol problem and has been a victim of domestic violence. Perhaps there are resources at this link which are useful: https://www.domesticshelters.org/al/alabama-domestic-violence-help-statistics

However, it does seem slanted towards assuming all victims are women.

More generally: https://www.helpguide.org/articles/abuse/help-for-men-who-are-being-abused.htm

I also don't think it can hurt to contact the police to ask if you can voice your concerns to the DA. This must be very difficult for your wife.

Just Blue

Three pages in and I'm still not clear on what the OP's legal question for the board is.
OP doesn't express himself well and it is a bit confusing. I *think* OP is wondering what he and his wife can do to protect SS from himself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">