• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trailer purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Arizona, I purchased an item from Oklahoma Resident.

Any reasonable options?

I purchased a non-titled vehicle camper from a private party. He advertised it within different forums/craigslist/fb messenger. We agreed to terms verbally (should have created a contract), and had an extensive dialogue with text message and facebook messenger. I paid with wire transfers and online transfers and hired a private shipper to bring it from oklahoma to arizona.

The camper is shorter in height than he stated it was. I asked if it was 6'6 ft tall and he stated it was. Upon delivery, I have found it is 6'2 tall. This is a deal breaker as I don't fit inside. It will cost approximately $6-7k to correct this. I have attempted to compromise and work with him, but he has since ghosted me online.

He has also recently started a manufacturing business selling similar trailers to the public under a different business name, and has a FB/Instagram/website.

Do I have any recourse? I have not posted anything online as not to have created a libel situation.

Thanks

quincy

Arizona, I purchased an item from Oklahoma Resident.

Any reasonable options?

I purchased a non-titled vehicle camper from a private party. He advertised it within different forums/craigslist/fb messenger. We agreed to terms verbally (should have created a contract), and had an extensive dialogue with text message and facebook messenger. I paid with wire transfers and online transfers and hired a private shipper to bring it from oklahoma to arizona.

The camper is shorter in height than he stated it was. I asked if it was 6'6 ft tall and he stated it was. Upon delivery, I have found it is 6'2 tall. This is a deal breaker as I don't fit inside. It will cost approximately $6-7k to correct this. I have attempted to compromise and work with him, but he has since ghosted me online.

He has also recently started a manufacturing business selling similar trailers to the public under a different business name, and has a FB/Instagram/website.

Do I have any recourse? I have not posted anything online as not to have created a libel situation.

Thanks
Non-titled?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I asked if it was 6'6 ft tall and he stated it was. Upon delivery, I have found it is 6'2 tall. This is a deal breaker as I don't fit inside.
Did you ask him if it was 6'6" tall and are now disappointed that it's 6'2" tall inside? If so, then it's entirely possible that he gave you the outside height, not the inside height.

Did you ask him if it was 6'6" tall and are now disappointed that it's 6'2" tall inside? If so, then it's entirely possible that he gave you the outside height, not the inside height.
I specifically asked if the height was 6'6, I have the same model camper presently. This conversation was recorded with Facebook messenger.

My camper sits at 6 ft 6 he did not measure it and told me it's the exact same height as mine.

There could be no confusion as to the outside height because it would have been 4 ft something.

quincy

I specifically asked if the height was 6'6, I have the same model camper presently. This conversation was recorded with Facebook messenger.

My camper sits at 6 ft 6 he did not measure it and told me it's the exact same height as mine.

There could be no confusion as to the outside height because it would have been 4 ft something.
How can it be the same type of camper you have if it is a different height?

Wouldn’t the interior height of the camper depend on the vehicle upon which the camper sits?

If you did not pre-inspect the camper, you are probably out of luck. Items like this are sold as-is.

That certainly makes more sense.

Was there any warranty on the item? How exactly did you ask him the question re: the camper's height?
No warranty, it is a customized rebuild.

I asked if the camper was going to be 6'6 or taller.

He answered, "It's going to be the same height as your camper. Kept it the same as factory. I'll get you lengh and width in a few."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">