• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trailer purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

How can it be the same type of camper you have if it is a different height?

Couldn’t the height of the camper depend on the vehicle upon which the camper sits?

If you did not pre-inspect the camper, you are probably out of luck. Items like this are sold as-is.
The camper is custom from the roof down, the side panels were replaced but body remained the same. The camper model is the same as mine and the roof was not touched

The camper height is not related to vehicle height, the height is determined when you walk inside the camper.

I don't believe he tried to mislead, but I do believe he was lazy and didn't measure. I am aware of the as-is, but wandered if our communication could command correcting it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The camper is custom from the roof down, the side panels were replaced but body remained the same. The camper model is the same as mine and the roof was not touched

The camper height is not related to vehicle height, the height is determined when you walk inside the camper.

I don't believe he tried to mislead, but I do believe he was lazy and didn't measure. I am aware of the as-is, but wandered if our communication could command correcting it.
If the ROOF is thicker, that will affect the height on the inside vs the height on the outside.

Frankly, I'm not surprised there was confusion. You don't seem to communicate as well as you think you do.

zddoodah

Do I have any recourse?
You can sue. Did you really not know that?

FWIW, if something is 6'6" on the inside, it cannot be 4'-something on the outside. Someone already pointed that out, and your response was that "It is a pop up truck camper that expands for m the inside." Putting aside the obvious typo, that still doesn't explain why this camper couldn't be 4'-something when it not expanded but 6'6" when it is expanded.

Bottom line: Unless your documentary evidence is clear that you were asking about an interior measurement, I don't think you have any appreciable chance of winning a lawsuit.

quincy

You say the camper height is not related to vehicle height - but the interior height of the camper would indeed be affected by the vehicle because the camper sits on top of the back of the vehicle.

I do not see that you have a legal action to pursue that would be successful. Whenever you are investing a large sum of money in anything, personal inspection prior to purchase is important.

Last edited:
If the ROOF is thicker, that will affect the height on the inside vs the height on the outside.

Frankly, I'm not surprised there was confusion. You don't seem to communicate as well as you think you do.
The roof is the same on both campers, same insulation etc.

Zigner

You say the camper height is not related to vehicle height - but the interior height of the camper would indeed be affected by the vehicle.
I'm thinking that what happened is the seller put new side walls on the camper and that changed the interior height of the unit.
If the unit were sitting on the ground, it should be X tall, but it is actually Y tall, which is shorter than the OP expected.

You can sue. Did you really not know that?

FWIW, if something is 6'6" on the inside, it cannot be 4'-something on the outside. Someone already pointed that out, and your response was that "It is a pop up truck camper that expands for m the inside." Putting aside the obvious typo, that still doesn't explain why this camper couldn't be 4'-something when it not expanded but 6'6" when it is expanded.

Bottom line: Unless your documentary evidence is clear that you were asking about an interior measurement, I don't think you have any appreciable chance of winning a lawsuit.
I figured I could do a small claim, but wasn't sure the energy would be worthwhile, that's why I've started this post.

I added link below to show the camper and roof expanded and collapsed to clear up any confusion.

Zigner

For what it's worth, that's pretty cool. My wife wouldn't go for it (she prefers the 30' trailer), but still cool.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">