• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transportation Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wileybunch

I think everyone was thinking of how not to allow 2M's situation to escalate...and you can say that wife has anxiety etc so shouldn't do whatever but I'm sure that won't be helped by the police showing up at the door while dick tracy is clicking away on the camera....

I don't think anyone wants to let mom off the hook so much as help 2M get through this as peacefully as possible
Oh, I understand that. That response you quoted was to 2Mistakes as he goes through yet another round of possibilities and it just struck me funny how much effort 2Mistakes is expending trying to figure this all out for someone who's got the primary resp and just sits back. That's why I thought have 2Mistakes's wife's ex take the kids was a good idea {kidding} because his ex seems like the type that probably even had that idea cross her mind herself.

All that said, I still think OG hit the nail on the head considering 2Mistakes history of being accommodating and he wouldn't have put the burden back on Mom if there was another way to make it work and it is time for 2Mistakes to remove the burden of communicating about transportation of his kids from his wife.

2Mistakes

I sent OG's email this morning.

My wife's sister was wanting to come tell the kids bye before they leave, so she's going to come over just before mom is supposed to get here. That way there is another person here with wifey.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I really did try to figure out a way to have someone meet the ex in Mobile, but this time everyone I know is busy or working.

My wife feels horrible. She hates to back out on something she's said she'll do, but she really needs to go over stuff with her ex and because of his job, that's the only time he can do it.

I told her not to worry about it anymore, she's worried enough about this situation, and the ex will just have to suck it up and come get the kids this once. I don't think the ex has ever even thanked my wife for meeting her for last year and a half. She just feels she's entitled to it.

People don't believe me when I say this is the ex's world and we all just live in it, but that truly is how things are with her.

2Mistakes

Question of the day? is the oldest going?
Oh, she's going. Mom wants her to now.

Now ask me if the oldest wants to go. Nope.

She has been begging me to let her stay home, and I had to have a nice talk with her about what court orders mean, etc.

I'm hoping that maybe her and mom can work things out. Oldest says she wants no part of it, but I'm hoping that when she gets there, and has no choice but to be with her mom, she'll drop the 'tude and let mom in.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
2M, if I ever get down to your neck of the woods, I'd like to take you and the Mrs out for a drink. :D Shoot, if the boss wasn't going to be on a poker run Friday, I'd be willing to pick your children up and take them to Mobile!

2Mistakes

2M, if I ever get down to your neck of the woods, I'd like to take you and the Mrs out for a drink. :D Shoot, if the boss wasn't going to be on a poker run Friday, I'd be willing to pick your children up and take them to Mobile!
Come on down! We would so take you up on the drinks! We don't get out much, but since the kids will be gone for 5 weeks, we just might have to cut loose a little.

I would love to figure out how to explain you to the ex when you dropped the kids off. :p

Oh hell, let's face it. As long as the ex didn't have to do the driving, she probably wouldn't care if I had Freddy Krueger drive them over there. :rolleyes:

TinkerBelleLuvr

Oh, she's going. Mom wants her to now.

Now ask me if the oldest wants to go. Nope.

She has been begging me to let her stay home, and I had to have a nice talk with her about what court orders mean, etc.

I'm hoping that maybe her and mom can work things out. Oldest says she wants no part of it, but I'm hoping that when she gets there, and has no choice but to be with her mom, she'll drop the 'tude and let mom in.
I'm glad that mom saw the light. Never give too much power to a teenager.:eek::D

whatisthat

Holy cow!! I thought things with my hubby's ex and their kid were bad... after reading all this I'm convinced... his ex is also your ex!!! And I need one of those drinks you're referring too!! Maybe we can get Freddy to do all the transportation of kids for a night and all go out for a drink!!!

Come on down! We would so take you up on the drinks! We don't get out much, but since the kids will be gone for 5 weeks, we just might have to cut loose a little.

I would love to figure out how to explain you to the ex when you dropped the kids off. :p

Oh hell, let's face it. As long as the ex didn't have to do the driving, she probably wouldn't care if I had Freddy Krueger drive them over there. :rolleyes:

penelope10

Ugh! Your ex and mine would make quite a pair, LOL! It's good that you sent the message that OG suggested...She's an execellent source of advice---she's given me lots of help.....Your current wife seems like a wonderful person and does not need the anxiety of dealing directly with the ex anymore.

So since there are no orders recording transportation, let her show up with the sheriff. She'll certainly end up with egg on her face.

By the by, whatever happened regarding the cell phone issue?:)

whatisthat

Ugh! Your ex and mine would make quite a pair, LOL! It's good that you sent the message that OG suggested...She's an execellent source of advice---she's given me lots of help.....Your current wife seems like a wonderful person and does not need the anxiety of dealing directly with the ex anymore.

So since there are no orders recording transportation, let her show up with the sheriff. She'll certainly end up with egg on her face.

Referring to my earlier post? Nothing that I know of... got one last text "WILLIAMS" whatever that means... I have no clue. Just hoping I didn't get my friend in any trouble.

2Mistakes

The 12 year old never came home with a phone.

2 weeks ago the ex emailed that the oldest is not to bring her cell phone with her this summer, and if she does ex will be mailing it back to me. (Same thing I told her about if the 12 year old came home with a phone.)

It's obvious that she's doing this for spite. The oldest has always brought her phone to her mom's, but when I say that the ex can't get a phone for the 12 year old at my house, everything changes.:rolleyes:

But it's ok. I emailed her back and said, "No problem. Your house, your rules." I'm sure she was disappointed that she didn't get an arguement from me. :p

TinkerBelleLuvr

ouch!! And she is planning on repairing her relationship with Punkin'?

It's one thing to take the phone away when they're grounded, but because you won't allow a 12yo to have a cellphone, older sister is deprived.

Is she a glutton for punishment?

LdiJ

The 12 year old never came home with a phone.

2 weeks ago the ex emailed that the oldest is not to bring her cell phone with her this summer, and if she does ex will be mailing it back to me. (Same thing I told her about if the 12 year old came home with a phone.)

It's obvious that she's doing this for spite. The oldest has always brought her phone to her mom's, but when I say that the ex can't get a phone for the 12 year old at my house, everything changes.:rolleyes:

But it's ok. I emailed her back and said, "No problem. Your house, your rules." I'm sure she was disappointed that she didn't get an arguement from me. :p
I hate to say this dad...but that's totally fair. You may call it spiteful, but if one child is not allowed to have a cell phone provided by mom at your house, then its totally fair that the other not have a cell phone provided by you at mom's house.

Personally, I think that both of you are wrong, but what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">