• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using my nane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
One more time.

There are no circumstances whatsoever under which it would be legal for your sister to go into court and pretend she is you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding...

Is the issue that you don't want to go, and you're worried that your sister will try to impersonate you, without your permission? Wouldn't it be better to go and inform the court that you wish to drop it?

How are you sure that the other party hasn't been served? Have you been in communication with the other party?

Edit: If you are communicating with the other party, then what sort of game are you playing?

justalayman

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding...

Is the issue that you don't want to go, and you're worried that your sister will try to impersonate you, without your permission? Wouldn't it be better to go and inform the court that you wish to drop it?

How are you sure that the other party hasn't been served? Have you been in communication with the other party?

Edit: If you are communicating with the other party, then what sort of game are you playing?
I don’t know the particulars of the situation but if it is a dv issue, victims often cave into the demands of the abuser. That could explain why sister wants to ensure the tro stays in force

Just Blue

I don’t know the particulars of the situation but if it is a dv issue, victims often cave into the demands of the abuser. That could explain why sister wants to ensure the tro stays in force
OP refused to answer my question about DV..So I will assume it is DV and sister must be very frightened for OP to take such a risk.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Well, I'm assuming it's DV - but clarification from OP would be good.

I am particularly concerned by OP's confidence that the other party has not been served.

Roger34

I don't want the tro continued, and it was verbal my sisters never liked him. But we have a child together and I just want to work things out we have had no contact since I decided to leave. So he has no idea of anything I realized after some time to think that I want to work on things

Roger34

I called the marshal who is retrying to serve him and he informed me that he has not been served that they cannot locate him.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I called the marshal who is retrying to serve him and he informed me that he has not been served that they cannot locate him.
An RO will not happen until he is served and has the opportunity to appear to defend himself. (If he is served and doesn't appear, that's on him.)

For you and your child's sake, please contact your local dv support group and consider some counselling.

Roger34

An RO will not happen until he is served and has the opportunity to appear to defend himself. (If he is served and doesn't appear, that's on him.)

For you and your child's sake, please contact your local dv support group and consider some counselling.
He did not hit me it was verbal and I was tired of it .he has a terminal illness and is on lost of medication and I'm in counseling and it helped me see I want to work on thing . I didn't join here to be ridaculed just to get answers thank you

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
He did not hit me it was verbal and I was tired of it .he has a terminal illness and is on lost of medication and I'm in counseling and it helped me see I want to work on thing . I didn't join here to be ridaculed just to get answers thank you
I don't think people were trying to ridicule you.

I think some initially misunderstood your question, and thought that your sister wanted to impersonate you at your request - in which *you* would be doing something illegal, not just your sister.

I think we all are concerned about your safety, and your child's. I am glad that you are getting counselling.

Roger34

And yes I'm worried my sister might try and impersonate me without me wanting her to. I just want the tro dropped. And to move forward with working things out . He is a wonderful father and would never hurt his child at all. We just didn't have good communication and it was partly my fault as well I have to own my percentage is what I learned in counseling at some point I stop taking and when he asked if there was a issue I said no. But that wasn't true. I just needed space and now I realize after not speaking to him for 45 days I want to work things out. He doesnt even know I feel this way

Roger34

As an FYI, abusers don't always start w/hitting.
5 years and only arguing so I know what I'm doing you people are so negative and most of your comments are negative I only wanted answers not advice I wouldn't put myself or my child in a dangerous situation and eith us Hong to couples counseling which my counselor said could be a good idea . I'm willing to do that for my family I left out of anger he gave me space and has not tried to contact me in anyway I haven't spoken to him but I want too that's why im ending the tro I was talked into this by my sister who never liked him . Out of anger I did this for her. But now I'm no longer upset I want my family back and never should of left should of told him what I needed from him which I didnt do and he tried to get us in counseling I thought he cheated but he didnt and I constantly accused him called him names so I played a part in all of this as well in counseling you learn to accept your role as well I can now own my 100 % of our issues

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">