• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

Maybe because this seems to be the first time Dad has unilaterally decided to put the kid on a later flight? The order says 9:30am. Not 10:30, 11:30, etc. 9:30.
Yep, and it appears that dad's orders are for him to have the child to school by 9:30, which is a whole lot different than being at the airport by 9:30.

It doesn't surprise me that mom can't get the child to school before noon. In a best case scenario mom probably cannot get out of the airport before 10:00, then probably at least a half hour to get home...then an hour to get a bath and get ready for school, and voila...its almost noon. So dad bringing the child back later simply means that the child maybe doesn't make it to school at all on those Mondays.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
A second-grader missing every other Monday.... Y'all really find this is acceptable? :eek:

This child would be truant in any other school. :cool:

PQN

Yep, and it appears that dad's orders are for him to have the child to school by 9:30, which is a whole lot different than being at the airport by 9:30.

It doesn't surprise me that mom can't get the child to school before noon. In a best case scenario mom probably cannot get out of the airport before 10:00, then probably at least a half hour to get home...then an hour to get a bath and get ready for school, and voila...its almost noon. So dad bringing the child back later simply means that the child maybe doesn't make it to school at all on those Mondays.
Alot depends on how far school is from the airport. The child has no luggage so it should be a simple matter of dad walking the child to the car pickup lane and putting her in mom's car and then mom driving to school and dropping the child off. There shouldn't be any need to go home, etc.

This is an awful schedule for a school age child. It would be great if dad could visit near the child's home one weekend per month and use the 3-day weekend (nearly every month has one) for the visit at his home and then he can return the child the night before school or at worse, she is now late 1 day per month.

SESmama

I also wonder if the child goes to public school or private school. That may also make a difference. If it were public school I would think the teacher would end up in some trouble for allowing a child to skip that much time and not report it. Private school may be different but even private school has to adhere to certain state standards.

To further elaborate, the Judgment does not allow my child to fly alone until 8.5 years old. Further, my child has requested that I accompany. I will grant my child's wishes. My concern is making her as comfortable as possible and at ease.

Further, it is not an option to spend a night in the same town as my ex-wife especially due to the ludicrous and outrageous allegations she has made in the past. She watches too much TMZ!

As for missing school, it starts at 8:30am. My child arrives typically at 8:40 with school no more than 10 minutes from the airport. It is not my fault that my child doesn't actually get to school until noon.

That's why my train of thought is that if my child is not going to get to school until noon, or miss the entire day due to my ex-wife's actions, then why not fly in later?

And also, my child is a seasoned traveler. She's visited half of the US states, been to Central America, most of the Caribbean, throughout Europe and the Baltics- some 21 countries. She's racked up over a half a million frequent flier miles. She primarily flies first class, so it's not that much of a hardship. If it was, I would change things.

Being late 2-3 Mondays per month? Are you kidding me? We're taking 3 Mondays every two months. Obviously the judge didn't mind or he would not have approved the judgment. In fact, I never showed up to court until the deal was finalized. So he fully well knew I was living out of state.

By the way, the OP (I) moved 4 years before the judgment was entered. So, not a shock.

And Stealth... I've been retired since 2005 at 44. That's why I can afford 3 rt tickets once or twice a month and take Mondays and Fridays off.

I can't believe the judgment here when all of the facts are not known and despite how diligently I try to explain.

"Y'all" are coming down hard on me, but it's ok I guess for my ex-wife to take my child out of school for days at a time to fly to Taylor Swift concerts?

Fact is, I would be glad to have my child full time. My ex doesn't want me to have more time in the summer. She doesn't want me to have long weekends. I've given her my visitation requests a year in advance, but there's always a problem.

And Ldij, can you not read? The judgment states that I get my child back by start of school or 9:30am. It doesn't specify.

So, "Y'all" can go back into your small worlds and I must remember that advice is worth what you pay for it. Hence... this is FreeAdvice.com.

That's why there are leaders and there are sheep in this world. Fear of getting out of the box keeps the sheep in tow.

So, go flame me. This will be my last post here.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
To further elaborate, the Judgment does not allow my child to fly alone until 8.5 years old. Further, my child has requested that I accompany. I will grant my child's wishes. My concern is making her as comfortable as possible and at ease.

Further, it is not an option to spend a night in the same town as my ex-wife especially due to the ludicrous and outrageous allegations she has made in the past. She watches too much TMZ!
Please - the drama. :rolleyes:

As for missing school, it starts at 8:30am. My child arrives typically at 8:40 with school no more than 10 minutes from the airport. It is not my fault that my child doesn't actually get to school until noon.
How does this work, since your flight doesn't arrive until 9am?

We typically take an 8am flight on Mondays getting in at 9am.
You DO realize that 8:40 is before 9:00, yes?

That's why my train of thought is that if my child is not going to get to school until noon, or miss the entire day due to my ex-wife's actions, then why not fly in later?
Because that's not what your order states. You know, the court ORDER, not the court SUGGESTION.

And also, my child is a seasoned traveler. She's visited half of the US states, been to Central America, most of the Caribbean, throughout Europe and the Baltics- some 21 countries. She's racked up over a half a million frequent flier miles. She primarily flies first class, so it's not that much of a hardship. If it was, I would change things.
Good to know. So have you asked Mom why the child doesn't get to school until ~noon?

Being late 2-3 Mondays per month? Are you kidding me? We're taking 3 Mondays every two months. Obviously the judge didn't mind or he would not have approved the judgment. In fact, I never showed up to court until the deal was finalized. So he fully well knew I was living out of state.

By the way, the OP (I) moved 4 years before the judgment was entered. So, not a shock.

And Stealth... I've been retired since 2005 at 44. That's why I can afford 3 rt tickets once or twice a month and take Mondays and Fridays off.

I can't believe the judgment here when all of the facts are not known and despite how diligently I try to explain.

"Y'all" are coming down hard on me, but it's ok I guess for my ex-wife to take my child out of school for days at a time to fly to Taylor Swift concerts?

Fact is, I would be glad to have my child full time. My ex doesn't want me to have more time in the summer. She doesn't want me to have long weekends. I've given her my visitation requests a year in advance, but there's always a problem.

And Ldij, can you not read? The judgment states that I get my child back by start of school or 9:30am. It doesn't specify.

So, "Y'all" can go back into your small worlds and I must remember that advice is worth what you pay for it. Hence... this is FreeAdvice.com.

That's why there are leaders and there are sheep in this world. Fear of getting out of the box keeps the sheep in tow.

So, go flame me. This will be my last post here.
Well, you can't blame us when you didn't provide all the info. Really - none of us are dentists, so we prefer not to pull teeth.

Now, carry on out the door - the refund line is to the left. :rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Via PM from OP:

I don't know you....
But you're a turd and little person.

You can't read. You're sarcastic and petty.

Remain envious of what you can't have.
And you, sir, are a cowardly little man. If you have something to say to me - say it publicly. Or go away like you said you would.

And you're mistaken - I am not at all envious of what you "have". Which isn't much, as far as I can see.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Aaaah, yet more words of wisdom from OP:

Post this...
Why don't you post this private message as well.

Nice public comments on your profile...

Not my comments, although I appear spot-on, but from others...
onecowardlydad... everyone is free to read my profile, just as you were. The comments there don't bother me in the least. Nor do yours. You claim that you will not post here any longer, yet you continue to throw barbs behind the scenes. Feel free - they will continue being posted here. So you may as well be a man, and just post your thoughts publicly.

frylover

Legal Advice: You can't fly your child in later because the court order tells you what time you have to have her back. If you choose to violate the court order because it's not to your liking, mom can take you back to court. How that would go, no one can predict.

Legal Advice: You could attempt to have your court order modified, and possibly get a long distance visitation schedule, even if mom objected.

Non Legal Suggestion: Rent a car at the airport or get a taxi and bring your daughter to school yourself. Then she won't be late.

Oh, and people who disregard court orders because they don't like them are not "leaders."

frylover

Aaaah, yet more words of wisdom from OP:

onecowardlydad... everyone is free to read my profile, just as you were. The comments there don't bother me in the least. Nor do yours. You claim that you will not post here any longer, yet you continue to throw barbs behind the scenes. Feel free - they will continue being posted here. So you may as well be a man, and just post your thoughts publicly.
Proof once again that money doesn't buy class, Stealth.

TinkerBelleLuvr

I still don't see why dad can't come in on Sunday night and stay at a hotel by the airport and then get child to school ON TIME and then fly back. It might even give dad a chance to see what the school looks like. If there's nothing in the court order, why not stick around and have lunch with kiddo before leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">