• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all are right... money doesn't buy class (or love for that matter), but it sure buys a heck of a lot of other things! LOL

And I could move closer... that's true too. I don't wish to pay an additional 9.3% of my income to the State of California. My choice.

If I wanted to be selfish, I'd be living in the south of France or Tuscany or even at my home in Miami. However, I wish to be a non-stop, three hour flight from my child.

The $40k I pay in visiting my child (not including 3 vacations a year), child care (nanny) and child support is likely more than most of you all make in a year.

Love those public comments on your profile stealth. Really telling.

frylover

I still don't see why dad can't come in on Sunday night and stay at a hotel by the airport and then get child to school ON TIME and then fly back. It might even give dad a chance to see what the school looks like. If there's nothing in the court order, why not stick around and have lunch with kiddo before leaving.
Silly Tink, because that's not what he WANTS. He WANTS to be told he can do what he wants because it makes more sense than what the judge told him to do. He's a LEADER!

And, re-reading, I'm a little curious about something. He said ex went ballistic when he bought tickets this time, and goes on to say kiddo only has half days that week and is off Wedndesday, that he doesn't actually have Wednesdays, but the fact that he is 1200 milles away ought to be considered. Does that sound to anyone like maybe this round of tickets, he unilaterally decided he could keep his daughter through Wednesday?

txmom512

Honestly, having flown from TX to CA for a weekend trip - and knowing first hand how exhausting it is, I honestly cannot imagine putting an 8 yr old through that every other weekend! Between the time difference and just the exhaustion that comes from flying/traveling, etc... It's INCREDIBLY selfish, in my opinion, to do that, whether you have the money or not....
OP - I'd sure re-think that name you picked out... I really don't see any "good" parent subjecting their kid to that kind of schedule. Truly.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
This will be my last post here.
So much for THAT claim. :rolleyes:

You all are right... money doesn't buy class (or love for that matter), but it sure buys a heck of a lot of other things! LOL

And I could move closer... that's true too. I don't wish to pay an additional 9.3% of my income to the State of California. My choice.

If I wanted to be selfish, I'd be living in the south of France or Tuscany or even at my home in Miami. However, I wish to be a non-stop, three hour flight from my child.

The $40k I pay in visiting my child (not including 3 vacations a year), child care (nanny) and child support is likely more than most of you all make in a year.

Well... you missed a few, but that's okay. Like I said - I don't much care what people think of me.

One thing money doesn't buy? More involvement with your kid. Which moving closer *could* do. <shrug>

I still don't see why dad can't come in on Sunday night and stay at a hotel by the airport and then get child to school ON TIME and then fly back. It might even give dad a chance to see what the school looks like. If there's nothing in the court order, why not stick around and have lunch with kiddo before leaving.
Because DAD lives in Texas. He doesn't want to have to spend a night in CA. I do go to my child's school. I meet with my child's teacher and speak with her on a routine basis. I speak with the principal and office staff. I know what the place looks like.

I guess I'll just seek my guidance from those I pay and have paid very well.

Again, as said, advice is only worth what you have paid for it.

TinkerBelleLuvr

It's much easier to belly ache about a problem than to think outside the box. Obviously they are meeting face to face to exchange the child. Seems to me it would be much less face time if dad just took the child to school on Monday morning - less for mom to dream up excuses.

If there is a will, there is a way. But in no uncertain terms, missing time from school every other Monday is way disruptive to both YOUR child and the classroom.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
This will be my last post here.
Is THIS one going to be the last one? Just curious.

Because DAD lives in Texas. He doesn't want to have to spend a night in CA. I do go to my child's school. I meet with my child's teacher and speak with her on a routine basis. I speak with the principal and office staff. I know what the place looks like.

I guess I'll just seek my guidance from those I pay and have paid very well.

Again, as said, advice is only worth what you have paid for it.

Isis1

it is telling isn't it? she could delete and hide them and be offended, or she could leave them up and be proud of standing her ground about the law and tell people the truth instead of giving bad advice and telling them what they want to hear.

no one here will tell you to go against the court order. no one. you want something changed, do it the right way and request a modification. if a court agrees with you, they'll make the change. that's what a leader does. a leader doesn't disregard the law. they do something about it.

you'd rather pay less tax then be closer to your daughter, that's your choice. you choose to haul her around at early hours for a plane ride right before school, that's your parenting choice.

would it make your daughter happier if you moved closer, i can bet it would.

frylover

SO, you clearly have the means to live near your child but you CHOOSE not to. In effect, you are CHOOSING to put her in this position.

And, you aren't impressing anyone with your bragging about how rich you are. No one cares how much "stuff" you have. You are coming off as an obnoxious, condescending, jerk.

With that, I, who do NOT make as much money as you, because I am just a teacher off for the week, am going to go cuddle with daughters. Since I live in the same state as them.

I thought Charlie Sheen was banned from this sight?!

Leaders challenge things. Leaders think out of the box. Leaders take chances, believe in what they do and act accordingly. Leaders don't accept the status quo... Why am I even responding to idiots????

I thought Charlie Sheen was banned from this sight?!
It would be "site". I love the spelling and grammatical errors in these posts. That's telling too.

Jealous little people, living in their own little worlds, doing what their boss tells them to do. And to think anyone would ask for advice here?

Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">