• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pdrahmann

I wouldn't want my children around someone who has a crazy ex either...particularly if that crazy ex has mentioned harassing my children. Its quite possible that a restraining order may be wise.
I do have a restraining order against him. Still no reason for my ex to refuse my children. I can protect my children.

LdiJ

Because I'm not custodial parent i can't have restraining order against him. Plus nothing has happened to warrant a restraining order that involves my children.
He has threatened to harass them. Maybe mom should get the restraining order against him for threatening to harass your mutual children if you are unable to do so.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ok, so she doesn't want them to go on vacation with you and your girlfriend, is that the main problem? You need to be able to articulate the situation or you will have trouble making your point to the judge without an attorney.
In what county is the child located? What orders exist? Please post with names removed.

Dad, please answer my questions.

Pdrahmann

He has threatened to harass them. Maybe mom should get the restraining order against him for threatening to harass your mutual children if you are unable to do so.
Again.. Can't do anything on hearsay. Can't get restraining order on hearsay. Anyway no reason to keep my children from me.

LdiJ

Again.. Can't do anything on hearsay. Can't get restraining order on hearsay. Anyway no reason to keep my children from me.
I probably agree that its no reason to keep your children from you. However it may be enough of a reason that mom might again just get a slap on the wrist. Also, again, it important NOT to say that you haven't seen your children at all since May 30th, if you have in fact had a visit since then. You can say that you have only seen your children once since May 30th, but don't say that mom has been denying visitation since then.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Pdrahmann - without commenting on the validity of any particular person's posts, I will point out that Ohiogal is a family law attorney in your state. She is the one you should listen to.

Pdrahmann

In what county is the child located? What orders exist? Please post with names removed.
Children are in clermont. Orders are every other weekend and Tuesday and Wednesday 330- 730. But my work schedule has changed and i am unable to get them on weekdays. Holidays are switched every year. And 2 weeks of extended time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pdrahmann

So you have other than standard. You need to file for both contempt and a modification of visitation. Standard is this: https://domesticcourt.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/36/2018/05/guidelineparentingschedule-form605.pdf

And depending on how many times mom has had a slap on the wrist, you might consider filing a change in custody due to her being a selfish ingrate.
Yes. Going to court for contempt on 29th. I didn't file for modification of visitation. Should have

Pdrahmann

So you have other than standard. You need to file for both contempt and a modification of visitation. Standard is this: https://domesticcourt.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/36/2018/05/guidelineparentingschedule-form605.pdf

And depending on how many times mom has had a slap on the wrist, you might consider filing a change in custody due to her being a selfish ingrate.
Also i haven't seen my oldest who is 17 for more than 20 minutes in 4 yrs. Total alienated from me. I don't know what to do about that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">