• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Most likely the 17 year old is NOT going to be settled prior to her 18th birthday. But you need to fight for your rights.

LdiJ

Also i haven't seen my oldest who is 17 for more than 20 minutes in 4 yrs. Total alienated from me. I don't know what to do about that.
You might consider inviting your son (without any pressure of any kind) to go to joint counseling with you. Express regret for whatever your part in the estrangement was (or whatever he perceives as your part) and tell him you would genuinely like to have a relationship with him again.

He is going to turn 18 in less than 12 months and the odds of forcing anything in time to make any kind of real difference, rather than guaranteeing you will alienate him for life for trying to force things, are incredibly slim.

PayrollHRGuy

You can print out anything you think is of evidentiary value. If the judge will allow its' admission or give it any weight will be up to the judge.

Pdrahmann

Most likely the 17 year old is NOT going to be settled prior to her 18th birthday. But you need to fight for your rights.
Well the trial is set for 9/9. My exwife said she was sick and was allowed to call in for the pretrial. Magistrate asked about witnesses. My exwife is bringing my daughters in to testify. That is the last thing i want. I'm going to contact legal aid of Cincinnati to represent me.

LdiJ

Well the trial is set for 9/9. My exwife said she was sick and was allowed to call in for the pretrial. Magistrate asked about witnesses. My exwife is bringing my daughters in to testify. That is the last thing i want. I'm going to contact legal aid of Cincinnati to represent me.
We know that your oldest is 17, how old are your other children?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It is entirely possible that the judge will allow the children to speak with him/her in chambers.

Pdrahmann

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My contempt hearing with my exwife is on 9th. Im supposed to provide her with evidence by 31st. I sent it via certified mail. She refused service. Got the unable to deliver notice. She's refusing to pick it up from post office. Any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">