• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to say to the police

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

We're taking legalizing crime to all new levels out here. The first of a pending parade of convicted killers was just let go since the legislature and the governor have now decided that the felony murder rule doesn't apply. But, God forbid you use a straw!
New York like California has a bunch of screwy new laws - and Michigan has not approached that level of insanity yet - but the prisons are overcrowded and there is a lack of adequate funding so, like California, many prisoners are being released early that really should still be incarcerated for the safety of everyone.

Jail time is an unlikely outcome for most shoplifters in Michigan, especially first offenders.

CdwJava

We're not just releasing early, we're simply erasing crimes and penalties and somehow hoping that the offenses will just go away because we no longer address them. Crazy! My wife's retirement cannot come soon enough!

quincy

We're not just releasing early, we're simply erasing crimes and penalties and somehow hoping that the offenses will just go away because we no longer address them. Crazy! My wife's retirement cannot come soon enough!
California has always been an odd state. I love to visit when I can but would never consider living there (although the friends and relatives I have who do live in California seem to like it a lot).

What is the name of your state, Sparky?

We're taking legalizing crime to all new levels out here. The first of a pending parade of convicted killers was just let go since the legislature and the governor have now decided that the felony murder rule doesn't apply. But, God forbid you use a straw!
I lived in LA for 2 years and someone once told me, and I now agree, is that the only good thing to come out of California in the past few years is the freeway heading east.

TigerD

I lived in LA for 2 years and someone once told me, and I now agree, is that the only good thing to come out of California in the past few years is the freeway heading east.
Those of us east of y'all would tend to disagree on that.

TD

quincy

Hahaha. :)

Michigan has room for Californians looking for a saner state in which to reside. I am not sure there are any totally sane states left in this country.

Just Blue

Living relatively close to the Canadian border as we do, the temptation to pack up and move there is always in the back of my mind. :)
My U.S. family was invited to have an extended 4 year "visit" from my Canadian family in PEI, N.S. and B.C. .

Rather sad they felt the need to open their homes to us...but lovely they did. :cool:

quincy

My U.S. family was invited to have an extended 4 year "visit" from my Canadian family in PEI, N.S. and B.C. .

Rather sad they felt the need to open their homes to us...but lovely they did. :cool:
Haha. We had a similar offer extended to us by friends in Toronto, except it was for two years. They apparently figured that, that was all the time it would take for the U.S. to come to its senses. ;)

Just Blue

Haha. We had a similar offer extended to us by friends in Toronto, except it was for two years. They apparently figured that, that was all the time it would take for the U.S. to come to its senses. ;)
Sadly the United States has not come to their senses. :cry::cry::cry:
3 emo's to denote my HUGE disappointment in my Government.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">