• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I lose my welfare and section 8 hud housing if i get married?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anysa

I answered your question all the way back on the first page. Tell the truth to all agencies and you may or may not lose your benefits. It all depends on the eligibility requirements.
That question is not a legal one, it's a policy one and you need to direct the agencies you are getting benefits from.

I also find it had to believe that you married this man and don't cohabitate with him.

I'll leave it to Pro and other seniors to address the legalites related to his Visa and immigration status.

okay...Thank you for you brief answer....and . now where can I seach for "eligibility requirements ".....?.....I will tell you.....At the laywer I'm going today.....and for 100$ ....will tell me.....and then.....anyone who will be in my situation and will search over internet for infos, will find my post......and if he/she wil ask about "this" I'll be a b***h and charge 200 $ for the answer. thank you all...for your support.... but especially to "DeenaCA"

CSO286

okay...Thank you for you brief answer....and . now where can I seach for "eligibility requirements ".....?.....I will tell you.....At the laywer I'm going today.....and for 100$ ....will tell me.....and then.....anyone who will be in my situation and will search over internet for infos, will find my post......and if he/she wil ask about "this" I'll be a b***h and charge 200 $ for the answer. thank you all...for your support.... but especially to "DeenaCA"
You get the policy requirements from the agencies administering your benefits. That's why I told you your questions must be directed to those agencies.

That info isn't usually posted online for you to google.

And please stop with the ellipses (.....). You don't know how to use them properly.

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

Because she told you what you wanted to hear. Even if it was not necessarily legally factual?

CSO286

Re the bolded: The lawyer will not be able to tell you how getting married will affect your benefits. The agencies--welfare office, HUD office, etc., will be able to answer your questions.

Because that is not a legal question. You don't have a legal issue.

(your husband has a legal issue--as well as some immigration issues)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Like I told... My social worker won't speak with me . She kicked me out
Contact her supervisor. Also, contact the folks that work with you at HUD to let them know you are married.

That's all. Really.

Good day.

Eekamouse

How old are your children? Why is it that you can't work and have your new husband watch your children? Are you afraid you'll no longer qualify to live off the government dole if you do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">