• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

C/S to another country? Taxes too

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mistoffolees

WOAH lady!! Back off here, Im not going into details about my own personal life with you for what? to restore faith in men you lost a long time ago? I don't need you to get your emotions interfering with your rational decisions, I was just asking what i can do to help my situation but you insist on finding ANYTHING that can count agaisnt me to make me out to be the bad guy here. Im not on trial and I certaintly don't need to justify the why's and why nots with you. I am asking for advice. Not a war here. For the record i wasn't going ballistic, I want to be treated fair because a military lawyer inquired about it. and sacrifices? those are mine to share at my discretion. I really don't need your personal opinion, just advice and maybe even personal experience, but i can see now you have been emotionally compromised and damaged any integrity to give advice, please stop posting me.
I'm not a lady - and you really didn't get anything else right, either.

The fact is that your efforts (or, apparently, lack of effort) to see your child is a critical matter. In some cases, if you made significant effort to see your child and were refused, it could affect CS (I haven't checked your state, though). You're asking about visitation. Once again, your effort to see the child is a relevant matter. If you had worked diligently from the start to try to see your child, then the situation would be different than if you simply didn't make any effort - until you got hit for CS.

No one asks questions here just for kicks. We're asking questions that are relevant to trying to understand your situation and offer appropriate advice. If you don't like it, you can pay an attorney $400 an hour to ask the same questions.

You know how much it cost to kill a man in Peru? 5$. I have served in the military, been in war, and I will tell you the truth that I will not go to a third world country with hostile relatives.
So? Even if that were true, that's not the only thing he could have done to establish a relationship with the child.

I have a girl I support in a third world country through a church arrangement. I send letters and gifts to her (along with money sent to her agency) and she writes back. I have never met her in person. Dad hasn't apparently tried even that very limited level of involvement. Has he sent letters? Emails? Called?

Not to mention that if my child were in a third world country, I'd find a way to see her. I've gone to some pretty nasty countries with less important justification than that.

I can see his point. 1000$ in Peru is like 10,000 here. The purpose of CS is to reimburse the mother for the expenses of raising a child, not to make her rich.
Regardless of what you think the purpose of CS is, the fact is that it's calculated according to state guidelines. OP had the opportunity to state that VA did not have jurisdiction and either failed to present that argument or presented it so badly that he lost.

Furthermore, we still don't know (because OP is too busy attacking people to answer the questions) whether it is a VA oder or whether it's a Peru order that VA is simply enforcing. If it's the latter, then your argument is moot.

Alex1176

Ok, Misto, I'm really don't want to start an argument about third world countries and some moral things.
My conclusion is that OP needs to get a lawyer. A good one. A lot of unclear things about jurisdiction and which order is enforced.
And really, to talk with a lawyer for one hour is not a big expense and can save tons of money.

LdiJ

Ok, Misto, I'm really don't want to start an argument about third world countries and some moral things.
My conclusion is that OP needs to get a lawyer. A good one. A lot of unclear things about jurisdiction and which order is enforced.
And really, to talk with a lawyer for one hour is not a big expense and can save tons of money.
Jurisdiction is crystal clear. Mom used the embassy to facilitate child support so it was clearly via treaty.

The child was born and has remained a resident of Peru the child's entire life, the child isn't even a US citizen. The US has no jurisdiction over child custody.

mistoffolees

Jurisdiction is crystal clear. Mom used the embassy to facilitate child support so it was clearly via treaty.

The child was born and has remained a resident of Peru the child's entire life, the child isn't even a US citizen. The US has no jurisdiction over child custody.
And the real bottom line is that none of that matters.

OP is not going to get custody. OP is not going to get an order for Mom to return the child to the U.S. for his benefit. OP MIGHT get a modification to the child support if circumstances change or if it was calculated incorrectly.

If OP wants to see the child, he's going to have to go to Peru. It's that simple.

Proserpina

Ok, if she went through the embassy then it was handled according to treaty, and probably not the Hague Convention but a separate child support treaty.

Pro is giving you a hard time about denying US citizenship to your child. That is appalling on your part.

Darn right I am :cool:

Let's face it - if this was about the child's best interest, Dad wouldn't be trying to force Mom to capitulate OR be holding the child's potential citizenship over her head.

As for Alex and the OP's bromance? Go for it, guys. We have one who basically refuses to support his child unless the child remains in the US (nice going, Alex), and the other indicating something very similar.

Superb show of caring about the kids. Superb.

Alex1176

Darn right I am :cool:

Let's face it - if this was about the child's best interest, Dad wouldn't be trying to force Mom to capitulate OR be holding the child's potential citizenship over her head.

As for Alex and the OP's bromance? Go for it, guys. We have one who basically refuses to support his child unless the child remains in the US (nice going, Alex), and the other indicating something very similar.

Superb show of caring about the kids. Superb.
Yes, superb. Very superb. In the child best interest is to have a father in his life and to live in one of the best places on earth and not in the third world with 60 years life expectancy for men, sewer on the streets and crazy crime rates.

Proserpina

Yes, superb. Very superb. In the child best interest is to have a father in his life and to live in one of the best places on earth and not in the third world with 60 years life expectancy for men, sewer on the streets and crazy crime rates.

Then truly, wouldn't you be MORE inclined to send financial support in that situation? Wouldn't your child NEED it more?

Your argument fails.

Alex1176

Then truly, wouldn't you be MORE inclined to send financial support in that situation? Wouldn't your child NEED it more?

Your argument fails.
I think I did not explained my self well. The fact that I told her that I won't send money, doesn't mean that I'm actually not going to send anything and forget about my kid.
But the threat worked very well :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">