• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a new vehicle be returned within 24 hours?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
justalayman said:
Sorry JETX I really didn't mean to speak for you. From your general accuracy, pertinent, and in cjbrown's words, condescending posts I figured that most reasonable people would understand the permission thing to be a futile effort and it was meant as levity. Car dealers are generally not known for giving away money which they obviously would as they now would have a used car.
justalayman: I have read and reread your post to divine its true meaning, and come up short. "...most reasonable people would understand the permission thing to be a futile effort and it was meant as levity" Did you mean a "futile attempt at levity"?

JETX

cjbrown929 said:
I have witnessed other situations where a lease deal was scuttled due to a variety of reasons, none of which remotely involved "permission".
So, how many of these 'other situations' were 'scuttled' due to legal process?? And EXACTLY by what legal process??

See, the problem with your posts in general are that they are NOT based on any legal principle... just something that might, or might not happen, for whatever reason.

So, unless you can provide the OP with some FACTUAL legal principle that he can take to the dealer, or court if necessary, to allow him to waive his obligation... what real good comes from your 'it happened to me in a vaguely similar situation so it might happen to you' post(s).

Who said anything about "legal process"? Why involve the legal system if you don't have to?

Please try and make some sense if you deign to reply.

JETX

cjbrown929 said:
Who said anything about "legal process"? Why involve the legal system if you don't have to?
Gee... maybe because this is a LEGAL website??
And that the OP has a LEGAL contract??

Please try and make some sense if you deign to reply.
You're the one with a vacuum between your ears. :eek:

seniorjudge

cjbrown929 said:
Your only chances are 1) if the entire deal was completed away from the dealer's place of business, you possibly have 72 hours to cancel the deal (just like you would if you bought a vacuum cleaner from a door to door salesperson)....
Do you have a Florida statute that says this?

justalayman

:
cjbrown929 said:
justalayman: I have read and reread your post to divine its true meaning, and come up short. "...most reasonable people would understand the permission thing to be a futile effort and it was meant as levity" Did you mean a "futile attempt at levity"?

and this was yours? :rolleyes:

JETX

seniorjudge said:
Of course 'cjbrown' doesn't...... but you have found what he continues to use as his 'escape' whenever confronted on his idiotic claims.

His post: "Your only chances are 1) if the entire deal was completed away from the dealer's place of business, you possibly have 72 hours to cancel the deal (just like you would if you bought a vacuum cleaner from a door to door salesperson)...." included the word POSSIBLY!! So, he will claim that his post PROBABLY might have, could have, been somewhat correct. :D
He has done that on just about every other post he has made.

JETX said:
Yep. All you have to do is get the dealers written permission and you can return the car and walk away!!!
Absent that permission... you are stuck in your contract (lease).
How can I make this clearer? The op asked if there was a 24 hour cooling off period on her lease. I got the distinct feeling that she would be interested in ANY possible way to get out of the deal. I listed a few of those possibilities, ones that basically involved "fatal" flaws in the paperwork that would require her to resign the agreement if she desired to keep the car.

What is so difficult to understand here? In my real life example involving the Nissan Truck (an earlier post on this thread), due to a major problem with the paperwork, there was no issue of legal action. The dealer COULDN'T get anybody to buy the deal as written, and they couldn't FORCE the lessee to resign. At that point, it was TOTALLY UP TO THE LESSEE WHETHER TO RESIGN, OR RETURN THE VEHICLE. NO legal action necessary!

Are you all saying that this situation couldn't possibly happen?

I didn't say that this would necessarily work for the op. It, and the other examples I gave were limited, but real.

Please give detailed responses rather than abbreviated insults.

BelizeBreeze

cjbrown929 said:
How can I make this clearer? The op asked if there was a 24 hour cooling off period on her lease.
Which was answered correctly a long time ago as no, not under the circumstances of this post.
I got the distinct feeling that she would be interested in ANY possible way to get out of the deal.
And your 'Feeling' has nothing to do with THIS post, just as in other posts where you injected 'feelings' when there was no allusion to Morris Albert.
I listed a few of those possibilities, ones that basically involved "fatal" flaws in the paperwork that would require her to resign the agreement if she desired to keep the car.
Which have no bearing on THIS post.
What is so difficult to understand here?
Good question? Do you have an answer since you seem to be the only one who refuses to understand the LEGAL issues.
In my real life example involving the Nissan Truck (an earlier post on this thread), due to a major problem with the paperwork, there was no issue of legal action.
And what does THAT post have to do with THIS post?
The dealer COULDN'T get anybody to buy the deal as written, and they couldn't FORCE the lessee to resign. At that point, it was TOTALLY UP TO THE LESSEE WHETHER TO RESIGN, OR RETURN THE VEHICLE. NO legal action necessary!
Again, what has that post to do with THIS post?
No, but it didn't happen in THIS POST.
I didn't say that this would necessarily work for the op. It, and the other examples I gave were limited, but real.
Then why did you even clutter up this thread with it?
Please give detailed responses rather than abbreviated insults.
O.K. here's a "Detailed" response to you.

You can spend all day here outlining POSSIBLE ways for the poster to get out of the lease, including a Ruger .45 caliber, dynomite, torching the dealership and all the contracts or just about anything else.

But they will always remain fishing expeditions. So, until you have a modicum of legal knowledge maybe you should stick with selling cars.

And by the way folks, HE is really a she.

cjbrown929 said:
Your only chances are 1) if the entire deal was completed away from the dealer's place of business, you possibly have 72 hours to cancel the deal (just like you would if you bought a vacuum cleaner from a door to door salesperson)

seniorjudge said:
I thought the judge presented an excellent question and would like cjb to respond.

JETX

cjbrown929 said:
How can I make this clearer? The op asked if there was a 24 hour cooling off period on her lease.
And EXACTLY where was that asked???
Are you reading the same thing that all of us are reading??
There was NO mention in the OP about any 'cooling off' period.

I got the distinct feeling that she would be interested in ANY possible way to get out of the deal.
First, your 'feelings' have absolutely NOTHING to do with this. This is a LEGAL advice site. If you want 'feelings' go to Oprah or Dr Phil.
Second, this is a LEGAL issue.... and the only way to get out of a LEGAL contract is.... legally. For all intents, your 'any possible way' could have been to start the dealership on fire and hope the papers get destroyed. That would have been just as good an answer as any other you suggested.

I listed a few of those possibilities, ones that basically involved "fatal" flaws in the paperwork that would require her to resign the agreement if she desired to keep the car.
Again, no you didn't. What you DID do is offer three obtuse, 'maybe-coulda-shoulda' responses that simply are: 1) Not correct and 2) not relevant to the OP's post.

What is so difficult to understand here?
It is 'difficult to understand' how your post was of ANY real benefit to the OP.

In my real life example involving the Nissan Truck (an earlier post on this thread), due to a major problem with the paperwork, there was no issue of legal action. The dealer COULDN'T get anybody to buy the deal as written, and they couldn't FORCE the lessee to resign. At that point, it was TOTALLY UP TO THE LESSEE WHETHER TO RESIGN, OR RETURN THE VEHICLE. NO legal action necessary!
Okay, so you claim to know of 1 in a 1000 or so where a lease was voided. How EXACTLY is that of benefit to the OP... or anyone else??

No. Lots of things COULD happen. Hell, a meteor could strike the mail truck carrying the original lease documents to the lessor.... but that doesn't mean it would be reasonable response to the OP.

Then, again, I ask... what EXACT benefit did your post bring to this thread???

seniorjudge

JETX said:
...Hell, a meteor could strike the mail truck carrying the original lease documents to the lessor.... but that doesn't mean it would be reasonable response to the OP....
I respectfully disagree.

If that would happen, then it would be a meteorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">