• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a new vehicle be returned within 24 hours?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shell007

Since OP has never returned to the scene(this forum)...I wonder if she was able to return the car? It has now December 8, 2005. WELL over the 24 hour question?

OP: Can you let us know what ended up happening?

justadolt

justalayman said:
Does that mean you would rather have expansively written insults?
That has got to be the most retarded statement I have ever encountered on this site. If I were jet or bb, I'd be embarrassed to have you in my cheering section.

JETX

cjbrown929 said:
Jet, BB, etc: please go to

http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/leasing/resource/faq.htm

and read items 15 and 16.
Okay, so what. Your 'reference' has nothing to do with this thread!!
Item 15 has to do with what is called 'spot delivery'.... and has nothing to do with this thread.
Item 16 simply repeats what WE have already said.... in that this car lease is NOT subject to any 72-hour cancellation rules.

But then, as expected, you are too stupid to know that. :eek:

JETX

cjbrown929 said:
I'd be embarrassed to have you in my cheering section.
Hell, you'd be happy to have ANYONE in your cheering section... that is besides the group of other idiots inhabiting the cavity where you mind should be. :D

BelizeBreeze

Hey Jet, have you ever seen a cow stuck in a mudhole?

Too damn stupid to allow you to throw a rope around their neck to save them and too damn stupid to realize if they don't they'll die. :rolleyes:

JETX said:
Okay, so what. Your 'reference' has nothing to do with this thread!!
Item 15 has to do with what is called 'spot delivery'.... and has nothing to do with this thread.
Item 16 simply repeats what WE have already said.... in that this car lease is NOT subject to any 72-hour cancellation rules.

But then, as expected, you are too stupid to know that. :eek:
Excuse me, you must've read a post I missed, one where the OP states clearly that she wouldn't qualify for the 72 hour cancellation rule. Which one was it?

Also can you share with me what exactly a "spot delivery" is, and why it has nothing to do with the thread? You have a tendency to throw out terms as if they were self-explanatory. Are you concerned that if you try and say anything beyond a two line insult that you'll be discovered? C'mon, kick out something that makes sense, or shut the hell up.

Are you still mad about how I spanked you on that Las Vegas issue?

BelizeBreeze

Future Services
Not mentioned anywhere in this thread.

home solicitation sale
Not mentioned anywhere in this thread

not the main or permanent place of business for the seller

future consumer services

Similarly, this Act does not provide a cooling-off period for leases solicited door-to-door or otherwise consummated off the dealer's premises. Cf., Uniform Consumer Credit Code §§ 3.501-3.505.
UNIFORM CONSUMER LEASES ACT
Not mentioned anywhere in this act

Title XXXIII
REGULATION OF TRADE, COMMERCE, INVESTMENTS, AND SOLICITATIONS Chapter 501
CONSUMER PROTECTION

501.204 Unlawful acts and practices

(1) Unfair methods of competition, unconscionable acts or practices, and unfair or deceptive acts or practices in the conduct of any trade or commerce are hereby declared unlawful.

(2) It is the intent of the Legislature that, in construing subsection (1), due consideration and great weight shall be given to the interpretations of the Federal Trade Commission and the federal courts relating to s. 5(a)(1) of the Federal Trade Commission Act, 15 U.S.C. s. 45(a)(1) as of July 1, 2001.

Not mentioned anywhere in this act.

16 CFR Part 429. (analysis review by the FTC)Some types of sales cannot be canceled even if they do occur in locations normally covered by the Rule. The Cooling-Off Rule does not cover sales that:

are under $25;
are for goods or services not primarily intended for personal, family or household purposes. (The Rule applies to courses of instruction or training.);
are made entirely by mail or telephone;
are the result of prior negotiations at the seller's permanent business location where the goods are sold regularly;
are needed to meet an emergency. Suppose insects suddenly appear in your home, and you waive your right to cancel;
are made as part of your request for the seller to do repairs or maintenance on your personal property (purchases made beyond the maintenance or repair request are covered).
Also exempt from the Cooling-Off Rule are sales that involve:

real estate, insurance, or securities;
automobiles, vans, trucks, or other motor vehicles sold at temporary locations, provided the seller has at least one permanent place of business;
arts or crafts sold at fairs or locations such as shopping malls, civic centers, and schools.

Now, did someone have a question?

JETX

john123456 said:
I knew the answer. I wanted cjb to support her position.
I do also... and still waiting for 'cjbrown' to offer ANY valid support for ANY of his crap. :D

BelizeBreeze said:
Hey Jet, have you ever seen a cow stuck in a mudhole?

Too damn stupid to allow you to throw a rope around their neck to save them and too damn stupid to realize if they don't they'll die. :rolleyes:
I sure have! Like when bb went down with the ship on the odometer fraud thread! Maybe we're hearing from his ghost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">