• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a new vehicle be returned within 24 hours?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
time for matlock...

So you really ARE an attorney??? Read the "odometer fraud" post and tell me who gave the best advice based upon the outcome, not just your blowhard attitude. Time for Matlock...

BelizeBreeze

cjbrown929 said:
So you really ARE an attorney??? Read the "odometer fraud" post and tell me who gave the best advice based upon the outcome, not just your blowhard attitude. Time for Matlock...
Let's see....

Take LEGAL advice from a used car salesman or an attorney.....

hmmmmmm tough choice.

First, I noticed that you avoided a direct reply concerning the odometer fraud postings.

Next...

In California it is not possible to violate "my own" restraining order. The order is against the restrained person. I would've thought you were aware of this very basic fact. BTW, the person who DID violate the order hundreds of times is now on the run, having failed to appear for a trial settlement conference. Bail has been set at $10,000.

If you want to take this private, let me know. If you don't, I will understand.

BelizeBreeze

cjbrown929 said:
First, I noticed that you avoided a direct reply concerning the odometer fraud postings.

Next...

In California it is not possible to violate "my own" restraining order. The order is against the restrained person. I would've thought you were aware of this very basic fact. BTW, the person who DID violate the order hundreds of times is now on the run, having failed to appear for a trial settlement conference. Bail has been set at $10,000.

If you want to take this private, let me know. If you don't, I will understand.
Hmmmmmmm
take advice from a used car salesman or an attorney....

Let me take that under advisement....

S

shell007

Still, we have no idea as to what the outcome was.

I still wonder what happened?

24 hours passed away a looooon time ago!

I will take your reply as a total capitulation.

For the record, I was a new and used car salesperson. I like cars, and I was very good at it. I also did high-tech sales in the 80's. I have been in almost every clean room in silicon valley to service and sell equipment used by the semiconductor industry to measure micro-thin coatings. If you wanted to measure, say, 100 angstroms of Ti-Tungten deposited by low-pressure chemical vapor deposition on a gallium arsenide substrate, I was the man to call. (one angstrom is the thickness of a hydrogen atom). That is a relatively easy application. I recommended using a beta-backscatter unit with a cadmium isotope (the amount of beta particles that "bounce" off the coating and substrate are proportional to the thickness of the coating) and a 1/8th inch aperture. My recommendation worked perfectly. I also have a BA in psychology from the University of Calif and I got an "800" on my math SAT.

Oh, yeah, and I sold cars.

BelizeBreeze

JETX said:
Bottom line... no matter how much crap 'cjbrown' tries to throw at this one... the answer to the OP's question "can a new vehicle be returned within 24 hours?" is still..... Not without the dealers/lendors/lessors permission.
Amie5972,
Jet gave the ONLY CORRECT legal advice on this thread.

CJ is a salesman without the slightest idea what the LEGAL ISSUES are.

You decide.

JETX

BelizeBreeze said:
Amie5972,
Jet gave the ONLY CORRECT legal advice on this thread.

CJ is a salesman without the slightest idea what the LEGAL ISSUES are.

You decide.
From the posts he has made, I think that 'cj' is really just a mechanic... or holds some other job (or hobby) working on cars. I doubt he is even as exalted as a 'car salesman'!!! :D

Last edited:
Now, now, boys(?)

Your "techniques" in advising people lack any peripheral vision. OK, the op asked specifically about the 24 (or whatever) hour "rule" (almost certainly used as an example). Do you think that if there were other things that could happen (ie fatal flaw in paperwork etc) no matter how slight the possibility, that they wouldn't want to know about it?

Do you honestly think that because he only mentioned the 24 hour rule that he WOULDN'T BE INTERESTED in any other ways that don't involve getting permission from the dealer to get out of the deal? See, if he DIDN'T know, for instance, that if the dealer was unable to get the deal done without a resign and that he HAD the choice of whether to do so, he would've blown a sure-fire exit from the deal. I repeat this for our viewers, as you and jet are unable to grasp the concept.

That'd be like some tourist visiting your town and asking if, say, THAT road over there would take them to a certain destination. WHAT are they really asking? If it wasn't the right way, you guys would just say "no", even if the proper street was only 30 feet away, you wouldn't tell them because they only asked about THAT road.

My faithful friends, what do you think would be more important to the op, or the fictional tourist in question, achieving their goal, or how they achieve it?

I think I'd take a car salesperson with some imagination over a couple of solipsist wanna-bes. Hey, maybe there's a good Matlock marathon coming up! Merry xmas!

JETX

cjbrown929 said:
Your "techniques" in advising people lack any peripheral vision. OK, the op asked specifically about the 24 (or whatever) hour "rule" (almost certainly used as an example). Do you think that if there were other things that could happen (ie fatal flaw in paperwork etc) no matter how slight the possibility, that they wouldn't want to know about it?
Only if we had any idea that it was at all relevant. This is a LEGAL advice forum... and if we just resigned ourselves to taking a 'shotgun' approach to posts as you imply, the following would be the answers to EVERY post:
1) Maybe what they did is not legal.
2) Maybe what you signed was not legal.
3) Maybe the courts would force you to comply (or deny).
4) Maybe the earth will end tomorrow and your problem will no longer be relevant.

Do you honestly think that because he only mentioned the 24 hour rule that he WOULDN'T BE INTERESTED in any other ways that don't involve getting permission from the dealer to get out of the deal?
Only if they were REAL and not imagined in your feeble imaginary world.

See, if he DIDN'T know, for instance, that if the dealer was unable to get the deal done without a resign and that he HAD the choice of whether to do so, he would've blown a sure-fire exit from the deal. I repeat this for our viewers, as you and jet are unable to grasp the concept.
Sorry, but I am able to grasp concept you put forth... and a lot more. The problem with your 'position'.... is that you think that anything you post somehow has relevance to the question being asked... and as in this case, it doesn't. You would have been just as accurate and relevant if you had said.... 'Maybe the dealership will catch on fire and destroy all the documents of the transaction'.

That'd be like some tourist visiting your town and asking if, say, THAT road over there would take them to a certain destination. WHAT are they really asking? If it wasn't the right way, you guys would just say "no", even if the proper street was only 30 feet away, you wouldn't tell them because they only asked about THAT road.
Your analogy doesn't work in the legal world. Our 'job' on this forum is to answer the questions asked. Of course, we will often include other RELEVANT issues that could possibly be of value... but we can't offer every little tiny nuance of a possible scenario.... when we have nothing to even suggest it be appropriate.

My faithful friends, what do you think would be more important to the op, or the fictional tourist in question, achieving their goal, or how they achieve it?
How long do you want us to wait for your alter ego to respond. Or, lets rephrase your question... Does anyone think that some obscure 'concept' without ANY basis in fact would be an appropriate answer to a LEGAL question???

Anyway.. I think this whole issue will be moot soon. I hear the faint sound of the axe being removed from the wall..... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">