• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

concerned & desperate grandmother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theresajengle

Is she supporting herself? Honestly - emancipation is unlikely to happen. And no, she doesn't have a right to her own phone. A roof, clothes, food. That's about it.

What about the other kids *if* 16 gets emancipated? Which, again, is unlikely.

Why are you so resistant to getting the authorities involved?
it will be permanent, most likely I will never hear from them again, I wont be around for ever. i do plan on it, i have for some time now, just want to get that phone to her first. she needs it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
it will be permanent, most likely I will never hear from them again, I wont be around for ever. i do plan on it, i have for some time now, just want to get that phone to her first. she needs it.
Why do you think this is all about you?
Why do you focus on the repercussions for you?
Why do you seem to care about how you will fare in the matter more than you seem to care about the actual well-being of the children?

I have my suspicions about the answer, but I'll let this play out a bit more before voicing them here.

theresajengle

dad did not want a girl, so it took 3 times before he got a boy, mom just told the kids that dad and herself would have a better life if they (the girls) were never born!!! my daughter's excuse to me was that she "never lies" made me sick!!:cry::cry:

theresajengle

Why do you think this is all about you?
Why do you focus on the repercussions for you?
Why do you seem to care about how you will fare in the matter more than you seem to care about the actual well-being of the children?

I have my suspicions about the answer, but I'll let this play out a bit more before voicing them here.
Please, go ahead and speak your mind, I'm not easily offended, im looking for help and am willing to read anything anyone has to say. if I don't agree, I still appreciate the effort. also, it is starting to sink in, I have not had anyone to speak with about this before,

theresajengle

Please, go ahead and speak your mind, I'm not easily offended, im looking for help and am willing to read anything anyone has to say. if I don't agree, I still appreciate the effort. also, it is starting to sink in, I have not had anyone to speak with about this before,
it is not about me, it is on me. I don't wanna do something I may regret for the rest of my life. but with post I've been getting is given me more confidence towards sending the letters, I have multiple locations.

Zigner

If you were truly concerned for the well-being of the children, you would contact the authorities. I suspect that your real hesitation lies in your belief that the situation is not quite as you describe it here. Your post(s) are written in such a way to convey that the children are in imminent threat of severe harm from their father who has cut them off from the world, yet, from your place in a different state, you seem to have intimate knowledge of the minute-by-minute goings-on in their household. You also seem to be working to actively subvert the parents' role in raising their own children. You also seem to have some sort of messiah complex going on. You have stated that you are their only hope, yet you know there are resources out there that would be more helpful than what you are doing.

I really feel that you are exaggerating this matter. I just don't know if it's intentional (trolling), or if you truly believe. Either way, your actions are not helping, and are likely hurting.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
it will be permanent, most likely I will never hear from them again
The oldest can move out in two years - I doubt she'll forget you in that time frame. Also, if they go into foster care, it's quite likely that you'll be able to have contact. Of course, if things are not as they seem and they stay with their parents, yes, you may find yourself cut off.

theresajengle

If you were truly concerned for the well-being of the children, you would contact the authorities. I suspect that your real hesitation lies in your belief that the situation is not quite as you describe it here. Your post(s) are written in such a way to convey that the children are in imminent threat of severe harm from their father who has cut them off from the world, yet, from your place in a different state, you seem to have intimate knowledge of the minute-by-minute goings-on in their household. You also seem to be working to actively subvert the parents' role in raising their own children. You also seem to have some sort of messiah complex going on. You have stated that you are their only hope, yet you know there are resources out there that would be more helpful than what you are doing.

I really feel that you are exaggerating this matter. I just don't know if it's intentional (trolling), or if you truly believe. Either way, your actions are not helping, and are likely hurting.
this is me and my daughters latest fb message "

You sent Yesterday at 9:59 PM

if u give a damn about them, you will help me.

You sent Yesterday at 10:00 PM
did Michelle even have a birthday today?

9:43 AM

sent Today at 9:43 AM

Nope

LdiJ

this is me and my daughters latest fb message "

You sent Yesterday at 9:59 PM

if u give a damn about them, you will help me.

You sent Yesterday at 10:00 PM
did Michelle even have a birthday today?

9:43 AM

sent Today at 9:43 AM

Nope
What specific kind of help does she want?

theresajengle

from my grand daughter " I remembered in third grade he told me not to say what goes on here bc if I did child services would take us away and literally yelled at me"

theresajengle

"I'm literally watching them get worser and worser and it just gets worst for me I don't even have any friends so there's no way I can get away from it, I don't go to school anymore either and that makes it worst, even tho I don't rlly like school bc of ppl but it was my only way to get away from here"

Zigner

If the children are in imminent danger, then why are you spending so much time on an internet forum and so little time contacting the authorities?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Doesn't a 16 year old have any rights? The right to own her own phone? I was 16 and my daughter's father was 15 when we got married, We drove to Nevada because it was illegal in California. "emancipation????" possible?
No. Under the law, a 16 year old does not have the right to her own phone.

No. Unless your granddaughter is capable of paying every single cent of what it costs to support herself, alone and unassisted, emancipation is not possible. The laws have changed since you were 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">