• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Offense "Zero Tolerance"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairisfair

Sorry, but I am at work and I haven't drank in almost a year. Seriously....it really sucks to see somebody who is so angry at themselves and destitute that they get off on putting others down. You really are acting like the kid who always got picked last in gym class. Again...I maintain, all I said is other things kill ALONG with drunk driving and there would be fewer deaths if people realized that! Here's some advice for you...GET SOME SELF ESTEEM!
and exactly what is it YOU are doing annieboonesfarm???

ew!!! a job..... well that makes you "functioning"

dang. I wish I had a job. . . . . :D

Now, get back to work before someone like me fires you.

Last edited:

Silverplum

Umm...if people didn't speed as much and drive as recklessly, there would be fewer deaths**************....
That's not what you wrote. You wrote this:
Again...I maintain, all I said is other things kill ALONG with drunk driving and there would be fewer deaths if people realized that!
I'm still waiting to find out how, if people realized that other things kill along with drinking and driving, there would be fewer deaths.

And the answer will be:
Umm...**************....
Go tilt at another windmill.

Are you honestly kidding me?? How narrow minded are you? Awareness is HUGE in discouraging people from doing things...why do you think so much money is spent every year on funding for AIDS AWARENESS... Awareness promotes discouragement of various/certain activities. It's a known fact by competent people....

Silverplum

Are you honestly kidding me?? How narrow minded are you? Awareness is HUGE in discouraging people from doing things...why do you think so much money is spent every year on funding for AIDS AWARENESS... Awareness promotes discouragement of various/certain activities. It's a known fact by competent people....
Who doesn't know that driving recklessly kills people?
Who doesn't know that drunk drivers kill people, usually not themselves?

What good has realizing it done? How many fewer deaths are there since you began "educating" people about realizing that drivers other than drunks also kill? Or since someone else pointed out the obvious?

Go get some statistics from DOT or somewhere: prove your point. Don't just TYPE IN CAPS and act like a child. Prove it. We're grownups. We can read. This is a legal forum. We can even read the Big Words. :p

Plum - it's so obvious that you are just on here to be combative and try and piss people off. Why do you think the courts make people go to Victims Impact Panel meetings and DUI classes....so they can REALIZE things...see the err of their ways. Everybody has the impression that nothing is going to happen to them...only to other people. Same thing with rehab...most people have to go in forcibly so they can REALIZE that they are addicts. Ditto to counseling and therapy...people go there to talk and figure things out. Of course doing the right thing should just be common sense. But obviously people don't know because even after one speeding ticket...people still speed. That's why courts are now sending habitual speeders/driving violators other than DUIs to Victims Impact Panel meetings with MADD even though it had nothing to do with the drinking...so they will figure it out that even though they're not drinking and driving, what they are doing still kills. Your points are not valid because if people already REALIZED the correct ways in life...there would be no crime...no mistakes...nothing. But obviously that is not the case.

fairisfair

Plum - it's so obvious that you are just on here to be combative and try and piss people off. Why do you think the courts make people go to Victims Impact Panel meetings and DUI classes....so they can REALIZE things...see the err of their ways. Everybody has the impression that nothing is going to happen to them...only to other people. Same thing with rehab...most people have to go in forcibly so they can REALIZE that they are addicts. Ditto to counseling and therapy...people go there to talk and figure things out. Of course doing the right thing should just be common sense. But obviously people don't know because even after one speeding ticket...people still speed. That's why courts are now sending habitual speeders/driving violators other than DUIs to Victims Impact Panel meetings with MADD even though it had nothing to do with the drinking...so they will figure it out that even though they're not drinking and driving, what they are doing still kills. Your points are not valid because if people already REALIZED the correct ways in life...there would be no crime...no mistakes...nothing. But obviously that is not the case.
So when exactly Anne was it that you realized that it was wrong to drink and drive?

I mean; I know here they have DARE classes in like the 5th grade. Apparently it took you a little longer. . . . . OMG, you are NOT smarter than a 5th grader. . . .are ya????:eek:

Silverplum

Your points are not valid because if people already REALIZED the correct ways in life...there would be no crime...no mistakes...nothing. But obviously that is not the case.
LOL

YOUR point, once again quoted below, is not valid -- you just admitted it yourself. :p

Again...I maintain, all I said is other things kill ALONG with drunk driving and there would be fewer deaths if people realized that!

So when exactly Anne was it that you realized that it was wrong to drink and drive?

I mean; I know here they have DARE classes in like the 5th grade. Apparently it took you a little longer. . . . . OMG, you are NOT smarter than a 5th grader. . . .are ya????:eek:
Yes...you are right, I am not smarter than a 5th grader...graduating from college at 18 soo proves that too. Of course I knew it was wrong to drink and drive. I am not disputing that. I did NOT know however, what my level would be after a certain point. Unfortunately for me, I am only 100 pounds...I did not know what it would take. I was not pulled over for swerving, speeding...anything like that. It was a holiday weekend and anyone driving a BMW at 2 in the morning is going to get pulled over. Now I just don't drink to avoid anything like this ever happening again...so thank you very much for proving my point that I learned the err in my ways and made a change as a direct result of my REALIZATION.

fairisfair

Yes...you are right, I am not smarter than a 5th grader...graduating from college at 18 soo proves that too. Of course I knew it was wrong to drink and drive. I am not disputing that. I did NOT know however, what my level would be after a certain point. Unfortunately for me, I am only 100 pounds...I did not know what it would take. I was not pulled over for swerving, speeding...anything like that. It was a holiday weekend and anyone driving a BMW at 2 in the morning is going to get pulled over. Now I just don't drink to avoid anything like this ever happening again...so thank you very much for proving my point that I learned the err in my ways and made a change as a direct result of my REALIZATION.
Oh, well as long as you were driving a BMW, Britney.

LOL

YOUR point, once again quoted below, is not valid -- you just admitted it yourself. :p

That's not an admission...it's a condition...hence the "IF"...people do not realize certain things yet, so the cycle of crime will continue...THAT'S what does two statements make up.

Oh, well as long as you were driving a BMW, Britney.

It's common knowledge...if you drive a more expensive car, you're more likely to get pulled over if a cop has a choice between two cars speeding, etc. You have to wonder why though...it's our income/tax dollars that pay their salaries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">