• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No court ordered custody.. do we have to let the kids go back to their mother?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proserpina

And still, it's not enough of a reason for Dad to keep the kids. And it's not proof that Mom is unfit. Just hat the kids are being reinfested. And I can tell you, if this situation was REALLY as bad as this woman has described (the kids smell so bad Dad is driving with the windows down in November?) the school WOULD have reported to CPS by now. Guaranteed.
And yet, they haven't.

Hmmmmm.

Proserpina

Wait one second.

Their mother has dispicable personal hygiene, she does not wash their clothes on a regular basis and they regularly wear dirty clothes, her home is kept in disgusting condition (mind you this is disgusting by my standards) with several animals in the house defecating and urinating in the house from the smell of things.
They also have stated they take a bath when they want and 'Mom' doesnt make them
I did not pick up on this earlier. Wow. 'Mom'? Really? Says Dad's BUD? Lovely. :mad:

ecmst12

I'm more concerned that chickie here cares more about her financial security then about her BF getting court martialed and dishonorably discharged because she doesn't want to find someplace else to live. Seriously, what were either of them thinking? Obviously they did not think it through. She has an excuse for not knowing how the military feels about adultery, but HE doesn't!

ejyonkman

Once they HAVE lice though, if all the bedding, clothing, stuffed animals, etc are not washed/dried or bagged up for 2 weeks, they will keep coming back. Treating the hair is pointless if the rest of the belongings aren't being taken care of. BOTH PARENTS need to coordinate on this, otherwise it's a waste.

Trust me, I got head lice at summer camp one year, and the incompetent nurses there didn't detect it, so it had 6 weeks to infest before I got home and my mom could do something about it. It took an entire YEAR before we could get rid of it, with all my stuff being washed, getting the shampoo, and my mom sitting down every other day and pulling the eggs out by hand. In the end we had to get prescription strength shampoo for it. It was HORRIFIC. I was almost ready to shave my head.
Yeah.. I talked to him a little bit ago and he already had everything that couldn't be washed sprayed down, washables in the washer or ready to go in, and our van sprayed down and seat covers pulled. This is not going to be pleasant but we are doing everything we can on our end.

Proserpina

I'm more concerned that chickie here cares more about her financial security then about her BF getting court martialed and dishonorably discharged because she doesn't want to find someplace else to live. Seriously, what were either of them thinking? Obviously they did not think it through. She has an excuse for not knowing how the military feels about adultery, but HE doesn't!
Something tells me that BF is not the one in possession of the relevant body parts needed to actually go ahead and not only make important decisions, but do "the right thing".

As it were.

Proserpina

Yeah.. I talked to him a little bit ago and he already had everything that couldn't be washed sprayed down, washables in the washer or ready to go in, and our van sprayed down and seat covers pulled. This is not going to be pleasant but we are doing everything we can on our end.
Really?

Your posts do not support your claim.

ejyonkman

Oh - and your BF can get a roommate. One that has a SEPARATE bedroom. And so can you. Adultery is actually a prosecutable crime in the military. It is a MUCH bigger deal then in civilian life.[/QUOTE

Regardless of the results, she deserted him. Up and moved out of state. Not that it matters. It is what it is. That was before me.

ejyonkman

And still, it's not enough of a reason for Dad to keep the kids. And it's not proof that Mom is unfit. Just hat the kids are being reinfested. And I can tell you, if this situation was REALLY as bad as this woman has described (the kids smell so bad Dad is driving with the windows down in November?) the school WOULD have reported to CPS by now. Guaranteed.
That is one thing that I personally do not understand. Why the school has said nothing. I know if I was a teacher and I had students come to class that smelled as bad as they do at times I would have said something. But who is to say she hasn't said something to the mom and she fixes it for a little bit then it starts all over again. Not to mention the mom has them in 3 or 4 different schools a year. She moves a lot. Again, not saying I agree with this, it just is what happens.

Proserpina

That is one thing that I personally do not understand. Why the school has said nothing. I know if I was a teacher and I had students come to class that smelled as bad as they do at times I would have said something. But who is to say she hasn't said something to the mom and she fixes it for a little bit then it starts all over again. Not to mention the mom has them in 3 or 4 different schools a year. She moves a lot. Again, not saying I agree with this, it just is what happens.
Please explain the bolded.

Seriously. Why wasn't this mentioned earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">