• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

phone calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJane

Thank you! I will be there when the court house opens. I'm sure the magistrate will understand the seriousness of the problem considering Dad just cussed him out last week, so he knows the temper dad has. Can I include my other 2 children in the protection order as well so they are not approached either. (Dad has made comments to my oldest son in the past about me) They are not his children.
FYI "in camera" means basically "In the judge's chambers"... I learned that not too long ago and thought maybe you wouldn't know what it means.

Include yourself and any minors in the household on the restraining order.

This is the guy that threatened you IN COURT, yes? Or in the hallway or something? DO NOT FORGET THAT.

FYI "in camera" means basically "In the judge's chambers"... I learned that not too long ago and thought maybe you wouldn't know what it means.

Include yourself and any minors in the household on the restraining order.

This is the guy that threatened you IN COURT, yes? Or in the hallway or something? DO NOT FORGET THAT.

I didn't know what it meant, so thank you. I was curious. The fact that he threatened me IN COURT (yes it was in the hall, right outside the courtroom)makes me a lot more nervous about what he would try if he saw us in public. I hope they give me the protection order. :(

Last edited:
GO TO COURT TOMORROW MORNING FIRST THING. Get a restraining order against dad protecting your son. I don't normally say this but take the child with you. That way dad cannot go to school and get him. Take a third person to sit with the child. Ask the magistrate to have an ex parte emergency in camera with the child regarding this incident.

ETA: then immediately find a counselor for your child if he doesn't have one. If he does have one contact that counselor.
He does have a wonderful counselor who is willing to do ANYTHING she can to help him. She did not want him going to dad's as it is. I'm sure when I call her tomorrow she'll sqeeze him in. :)

wileybunch

Can I include my other 2 children in the protection order as well so they are not approached either. (Dad has made comments to my oldest son in the past about me) They are not his children.
Remember, you are requesting the order for protection, you aren't granting the order yourself obviously so, yes, include the other children in your application if you have any reason to think he could be a danger to them. Let the judge remove the other children if he doesn't think they need protection.

Is there some kind of form I need to fill out for an ex parte hearing? I have a motion to modify visitation form if that is what I need. I've been trying to google it but don't have anything yet.

You are not going to believe this!!!!!!!

SM just sent me a message asking me to consider joint custody?!?!?!? Can we say CRAZY?!?!?!

I'm getting ready to head to the court house. I know where to go to get the protection order, but still don't know what kind of forms I need to take to juvinile court about visitation.I know how to file for supervised visits, I already typed up a form for that, but I didn't know if there was something to file to get into court faster. Dad IS planning on excercising his visitation still. If I get the protection order, will that stop visitation until I get a hearing for the supervised visits? SM actually said in the big long message she sent me last night that she knew Son was upset and shaken and that is why she had to remove all 3 kids from their home. Should I take that with me?

TinkerBelleLuvr

Take that message with you. Take your son with you, and another adult who can sit with the child while waiting.

Others who might be able to help are domestic violence shelters. They do know how to file restraining orders; they might be able to tell you what form to use.

Take that message with you. Take your son with you, and another adult who can sit with the child while waiting.

Others who might be able to help are domestic violence shelters. They do know how to file restraining orders; they might be able to tell you what form to use.

That's great! I know a couple people who work at one nearby. I'll see if they can help. CPS is coming today too, so maybe they can point me in the right direction with the visitation thing. I'm going to file for the protection order here shortly.

wileybunch

I know where to go to get the protection order, but still don't know what kind of forms I need to take to juvinile court about visitation.I know how to file for supervised visits, I already typed up a form for that, but I didn't know if there was something to file to get into court faster.
Maybe someone with OH specific knowledge will answer, but in other places it's called an Order Shortening Time (OST) that you also prepare along with the motion for supervised visitation. The OST is what allows for a motion to be heard in less time than the rules state when certain situations exist so that you can't wait for the usual amount of time.

Maybe someone with OH specific knowledge will answer, but in other places it's called an Order Shortening Time (OST) that you also prepare along with the motion for supervised visitation. The OST is what allows for a motion to be heard in less time than the rules state when certain situations exist so that you can't wait for the usual amount of time.
Thank you! I'll find out what I can about it. I'm struggling right now, to find the wording for the motion to modify as to why I want the visits supervised. I don't want to sound like a complete idiot. I do want to add that dad is still driving with son and of course that he is verbally abusive and that son is afraid of him, but I don't know what else to put or how to say it. Also, do I put that his counselor is willing to testify? Anyone care to help with that?

I found one of these applications through google! So glad you told me about it. THANKS AGAIN!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you! I'll find out what I can about it. I'm struggling right now, to find the wording for the motion to modify as to why I want the visits supervised. I don't want to sound like a complete idiot. I do want to add that dad is still driving with son and of course that he is verbally abusive and that son is afraid of him, but I don't know what else to put or how to say it. Also, do I put that his counselor is willing to testify? Anyone care to help with that?
Are you still around? If so most protection orders have areas that ask you about custody. Go to drcourt.org and click on forms -- there is an application for a CPO there. Cross out Summit and put your county on it. See if that works. Also does your county have victim's assistance?

Are you still around? If so most protection orders have areas that ask you about custody. Go to drcourt.org and click on forms -- there is an application for a CPO there. Cross out Summit and put your county on it. See if that works. Also does your county have victim's assistance?
I'm here still, can't go until after lunch. I will look that up thank you. I don't know if we have victim's assistance or not, but I'll call around and ask. I was wondering if I need to include an affidavit in support with my motion to modify or not. I typed one up just in case because I see them in some of my previous court papers, but I wasn't sure if they are just for other kinds of cases, I.E. contmept, or if they are for this kind of motion too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">